flstudio: audio input turns off whenever I press play

• You might want to check this on FL in the browser on the left:

Current project -> Automation -> Initialised controls

There might be an entry on there for virus control or something - if there is, delete it and see what happens (save before deleting random things, you dont want to wreck your project or anything).

• Well, thanks for your replies, however I don't think that these suggestions will solve it. I've definitely eliminated the possibility that it's an initialized control. as for the possibility of fl studio sending poly pressure, it would have to be in some evil covert way that I'm unaware of.

it won't do it when there is no midi port assigned to the virus, but the moment I do that t will turn off the audio I put every time i press play. the strangest thing is that it will do that even when the USB is unplugged and controlling the virus purely through a midi cable, which leadse to believe that perhaps it has some thing to do with the midi settings in flstudio. so strange. mY e the upcoming
    in flstudio update will fix this.

• I noticed that FLS's own MIDI Out resets your patch every time you press play, not only with the Virus. At least in my case I started using Sonar to sequence external gear

• This is not normal behaviour for FL - it will change patch if the MIDI out channel you are using has the patch set to anything other than '---' as with all controls on the channel, if they are not greyed out then they are active and snapshots may be sent at various times...

• This is not normal behaviour for FL - it will change patch if the MIDI out channel you are using has the patch set to anything other than '---' as with all controls on the channel, if they are not greyed out then they are active and snapshots may be sent at various times...

Maybe there's some settings I'll have to look into, because it's the "vanilla" MIDI Out which causes me the reset. Anyway that's another topic, sorry for the hijack.

• not a thread highjack at all sir. seems to be the same problem. however if I remember correctly, this will occour before you even create a midi channel, but as soon as you assign a port to the virus. (either over midi or usb). need to double check this tho