Forum fix: It's "FL Studio" not "Fruity Loops" :)

• Really minor thing - but I'm sure all FL Studio users would appreciate the Forum 'DAW' list being updated ... it's not "Fruity Loops", not has it been for a long time. It's "FL Studio".

I think we should help Image Line shake the old monikor, which (wrongly) gives its it "not a proper DAW" myth.

I'm sure it won't be top of your list to do ... but i'm sure most FL users and Image Line would appreciate it !

Have a good day ...

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• Honestly, I've noticed that a lot of european FL users get very defensive about the "FLStudio" name, with a few people on the IL forums getting downright pissed. Add the rumors that IL changed it because in the US "fruity" means "homo", or that it was a corporate decision to make it sound legitimate (depends on who you ask, it seems), and there's a fair amount of people defiantly calling it by its old moniker.

Not saying that's how the Access thinks but I wanted to note you might be opening up a small can of worms on this topic :)

Personally I thought the name "Fruity Loops" was kind of lame, but then again I live in SoCal and am very much aware (as in, surrounded by people who embody the definition) of what "fruity" means.

• Well, anyway "Fruity Loops" refers to very old versions of the software.
    People get defensive about that because there's many other people who don't acknowledge it as a complete DAW and they assume it influences the quality of their works. I'd like to be judged for my music, not for the tool I used.

• Honestly, I've noticed that a lot of european FL users get very defensive about the "FLStudio" name, with a few people on the IL forums getting downright pissed. Add the rumors that IL changed it because in the US "fruity" means "homo", or that it was a corporate decision to make it sound legitimate (depends on who you ask, it seems), and there's a fair amount of people defiantly calling it by its old moniker.

and then there is this german website calling in fruity loops and selling products called virus. outrageous!

marc

• na its because there is a cerial called fruity loops in america and not because some producers were ending up on the wrong forums

• I just think that when a product has been known as 'x' since 2003, then calling it 'y' is a bit daft 8 years later.

Us brits had to change our chocolate bar 'Marathon' to 'Snickers' to fit in with the global name and after the initial 'eh!', we managed to do it ...

It's basically the wrong name. No further argument required. You're not alone in calling it Fruity Loops, but it's still technically, wrong - and besides, it just makes the forum look a little behind the curve ...

I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it but I imagine it would mean changing one field value in your forum database.

S.S.

Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• Cheers Marc .. yes, I had to reselect it in the Profile - that's great.

I'm sure Image Line will be happy. As I am :)

Have good day !

S.S.