[Solved] Why can't I to initial the Virus by pressing on Edit Arp butten?

• I think I should to initial the virus defination by pressing on the Edit butten of the Arp section as the virus is off. ater that, tow lites is flickering in white colore: the BPM lite is one of them.
    The problem is that the lite stay in flicker as long as the butten pressed but nothing else occur. the Virus not initial itself and i have a lot of wrongs in the software.

i must to initial the virus by pressing on Edit. someone know why it isn't give me this option... it related to the USB hub or something?

• I think I should to initial the virus defination by pressing on the Edit butten of the Arp section as the virus is off. After that, two lites is flickering in white color: the BPM lite is one of them.
    The problem is that the lite stay in flicker as long as the butten is pressed, but nothing else occur. the Virus not initial itself and I have a lot of problems in the device.

I must to initial the virus by pressing on Edit.
    someone know why it isn't give me this option... it related to the USB hub or something?

• With the Virus TI unplugged, hold down the "Arp Edit" button, located under the "Master Volume" knob, and plugin the Virus TI. You will see two LEDs (BPM and Logo LED) start flashing back and fourth - this indicates it is ok to now let go of the "Arp Edit" button and let the TI boot. All factory parameters * will return to their original settings.

Alternately, if your TI is off via the "Sleep" fuction (both transpose buttons) - simply hold down the "Arp Edit" button, located under the "Master Volume" knob and the TI will reset.

*note - this does not include factory sounds or banks.

This was taken from here- http://faq.access-music.de/?ac…&cat_id=001006&id=3&lang=

• agurvitz,

You're certainly doing the right thing to get the 2 lights flashing. What happens when you stop pressing the Edit button? The TI should display the welcome screen. If this happens then you are have correctly reset the TI.

If you problems still occur after initialising, you have some other problem to solve.

Regards,

B

• I had a similar problem with my Virus TI.
    I would get the two flashing white LEDs and nothing else.
    Factory reset did not work either.
    The solution I found was to reinstall as per the FAQ Fatal error intructions:

- Launch the Virus TI Software Suite Installer for Mac OS X or Windows
    - Laptop users make sure that you connect your laptop to the power supply

- Remove all cables (USB, MIDI and Audio)
    - Remove power plug from Virus and wait for 20 seconds
    - Hold the EXIT key while plugging the Virus power plug in again

your Virus should indicate to be in updater/bios mode now

- connect Virus to your computer using USB
    - run installer application

Hope this helps

• THANK YOU Psy....

"your Virus should indicate to be in updater/bios mode now"

That was my meaning!!

I use to connect the TI2 to some of my computers. the Updater/BIOS mode indicated and just after this indicated process the Virus has been reset back to Factory setting.
    In these days, my TI2 connected to some new PC I bought and the Updater/BIOS mode is not occur. Only the first part of the reset/initialize is occur (two lites flickering) and when I leave the "Arp Edit" butten after 10-15 second at least, the virus switched on and nothing happened.
    Some body know how to repair this problem? I know that my Virus dose not make entire reset that supposed to be.

Thanks to all and hope to help