Sending Virus TI2 Off For Repair

• Hi All,
    After working with support for many hours my Virus TI2 has to be serviced. It's a mere 90 days old.

At any rate, I was curious if anyone in the U.S. has had to send theirs off for repair and what the experience was like. I'm waiting to hear back from the U.S. office on what the process is but I hope it's not too painful and I certainly hope I don't have to wait too long to get the thing back.

Cheers,

Andrew

• why does it need to be serviced? 90 days should be under seller's warranty. I'd backup my patches and take it back to the store / contact the e-store, pointing that the customer service here at Access stated it needs servicing.

• Zzounds only offers 30 day return / exchange option so I missed the boat on that one. I heard back from the US office and they are generating a service ticket for me and are going to pay for shipping so it seems as though the process will be fairly smooth. It's a bit frustrating to pay as much for this thing to have to send it back so soon but maybe this particular unit was simply a lemon.

• I still think there should be a law protecting you. We have a 10 day "change idea" in Italy with a total refund AND one year SELLER WARRANTY. If something is broken, whether 30 day have passed or not, and they sold you broken, they will have to fix it. It's not like you dropped it or something. AND you haven't changed idea about it, you bought it thinking it worked. I've read the ZZounds policy and to my spoiled mind it sounds ridiculous. We have a one year seller warranty, then the manufacturer has to take care for the second year.

• I couldn't agree more and I do believe the U.S. is severely lacking in the area of consumer electronics. At least Access Music is living up to its obligation though it took me quite a while to convince tech support that there was something wrong with the hardware and not my set up. I do read manuals on occassion. :D

• That sucks ... I buy my gear from Digital Village in the UK (www.dv247.com) and they would have sorted that out no problem - they also give 4 year guarentee on all their stuff.

Sounds like you need to change suppliers - that is a horrible attitude for a store to take - but if they are 'online' only (I'm not sure), I guess that might explain a few thing .. DV have lots of retail outlets and still try to act like shop owners.

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• My TI had to go back after a month as there was a fault with the main DSP board, the filters would open up to max at random, not good when playing a mellow pad live!!!!

It took numerous e-mails to access support to get them to agree/admit that there was problem with the unit itself and not my computer (brand new Mac Pro) DAW (Logic) and interface (MOTU Firewire).

Once it got there (at the UK seller's expense) the repair company in Germany (not Access themselves) actually called me as they couldn't replicate the fault. This was because Access had failed to inform them of all the details. Eventually, the DSP was replaced and the unit returned. The fault has not re-occurred, but I wish it would syncronise properly...but that's another thread lol!