Matrix source descriptions???

• Ok I've checked the videos and the manual and I can't for the life of me find where either the matrix sources or destinations are described.......am I crazy or is this totally lame on Access' part? Anyway maybe someone can help me: specifically I was just wondering what velocity on and velocity off were? I know what velocity is, but I've never seen a velocity on / off parameter......is this basically happening (on) when I press a note and (off) when I release the note?? I tried experimenting with the off parameter using this assumption but was surprised I couldn't do what I intended; basically I wanted to create a filter sweep on some noise (like you here in dance music) that would sweep while I held the note, but completely open the filter when I let go of the key. I used a synced LFO in envelop mode to control the filter sweep, and I was trying to use the velocity off to control the LFO assignment amount, but this didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.....

• Yup, release velocity is the speed with which a key is released. Howard Scarr's Virus programming tutorial mentions that on Virus, "Velocity off" is also affected by velocity on. Don't remember the details, and in fact, I've never used this mod source.

As for your second question, I'd go about it in a different way. Invert filter envelope polarity, set attack to zero, sustain to zero and play with decay and release times. When you get that working, maybe route velocity off to filter envelope amount and see what it does.

• Hmm.....I'll check out the tutorial, I didn't think to look there........and thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try......looks like what I really needed to do it my way was a "note off" as control source........I just ended up doing it all with automation anyway LoL