Virus stuck at welcome screen after 4.0.5.01 update[SOLVED]

• Hello again, on top of my other problems i'm finding the following....

i disconnected the power supply and since then the virus cant get past the welcome screen with the light background, after the black screen breaks down.

i've rebooted holding exit - putting it into usb mode and then repaired... which solved the problem - until i tested it by unplugging the mains again.

anyone else getting this?

• just another thing to add to this.....

i've just tried rolling back to 4.0.2.01, which has no trouble getting past the welcome screen - but now cubase sayings driver versions mismatch. ive tried repairing with no luck?

i'm happy to work with this version if you guys don't have a fix for the 4.0.5.01?

this is really frustrating....

• i've just tried rolling back to 4.0.2.01, which has no trouble getting past the welcome screen - but now cubase sayings driver versions mismatch. ive tried repairing with no luck?

this is really frustrating....

I think it is what it says........The deinstallation of the previous drivers is probably not done well.............. and now there is a driver mismatch

• Did you already try to reinstall the OS from "Virus control Center"?

• I think it is what it says........The deinstallation of the previous drivers is probably not done well.............. and now there is a driver mismatch

i agree.. i suppose i'm hoping for someone to turn around and say " yeah just remove ***.*** and it will work.."

there must be a certain driver that cubase looks at.. if i knew what it was then possibly i could just unregister it or delete it?

• It seems some coding changed in version 4.0.5.01 that meant the motherboard battery is critical to the boot sequence once the AC power has been disconnected and reconnected.

I don't know if it is just my virus that is affected but if your virus is getting stuck at the welcome screen too then it is worth checking the motherboard battery.

I found OS 4.0.2.01(beta) to be able to boot after the power was cut even though my battery was dead.

Hope this helps people in the future.

• I've the same problem. The VirusTI won't come out the update modus after udate 4.0.5.01. Tried everything nothing helps

I don't believe it's the battery, but let's have a look inside the TI..........

• sorry, this is just wrong. there were no changes. if a virus gets stuck at the welcome screen something went wrong updating it (or the unit has a hardware problem which is unrelated to the OS version installed). try to boot it holding the EXIT key so you boot into the BIOS mode. then use Virus Control Center to update it again. if you cannot manage, contact support.

hth, marc

• sorry, this is just wrong. there were no changes. if a virus gets stuck at the welcome screen something went wrong updating it (or the unit has a hardware problem which is unrelated to the OS version installed). try to boot it holding the EXIT key so you boot into the BIOS mode. then use Virus Control Center to update it again. if you cannot manage, contact support.

hth, marc

Something on the software side of things changed.

By replacing the motherboard battery it solved the issue of the virus getting stuck after the DC power had been removed and after the version 4.X.X.XXX update.
    I know now that my battery was dead from day 1 as it never saved and user made patches..

I now know that my TI eats batteries in less than a few months, which is prob why it was dead from the start.

Has this come up since?

• I was having the same problem. I did indeed change the battery in the Virus. Its now working like new again.

Thanks timelapse.

Regards

Franny