Online patches not working with TI2 keyboard

• Hello,
    I just got my first Virus (a TI2 keyboard) a few days ago, and thought I would first go through all the existing built-in and downloadable patches to see what's possible.

A few days later, I'm still going through patches and I'm just blown away. it's Huge! The range, the depth, the sounds...
    Once I get comfortable programming this monster, I think I'll be selling my Juno 60 and other analog synths to people who think analog is still better, and use the money to get a second virus!

Anyway, I've found a few patches online that are not working with the TI2. Perhaps someone here can help?

The "Sounds of Revolution soundset 2007 teaser", I've put the midi file in the proper patch area and it doesn't show up in the Virus Control patch file list.

Same goes for all of the midi files from the "Ben Crosland 1999 soundset".

The "Realm mythology soundset" and "Ben Crosland 2000 soundset", the files show up but are empty. I'm guessing the format is for the Virus C only - could someone please translate these into MID files that are TI2 readable?

The "Matt Picone volume 3 - Pop and Rock" midi file works fine, but it comes with this note:
    "The SoundDiver library contains more sounds than the MIDI file and the SYX version."
    Could someone that can deal with SoundDriver files please post the missing patches in MID format?

Thanks, and awesome job to all the patch authors putting their stuff out there!

John G.

P.S. To the library code people at Access: please add a "Show Differences List" function to compare patches. A "Find Similar", and "Find All Duplicates" would be very useful as well.
    Last but not least, some way to export and import patch info in a human readable text format. I can think of many uses for this.
    Thanks!!

• John,

I present you with a midi file compatible with the Virus TI series: rEalm's Mythology Soundset_TI2.MID

Like you, I was dissapointed to find that some of my Virus C sound libraries weren't loading in the Virus Control plug-in. The Mythology soundset is one of my favorites, and I can confirm that these patches sound great on the TI2 Polar! I'm sure the TI engine will be able to add a vicious touch to an already sinister sound set!
    I converted the Mythology soundset from the .lib format using SoundDiver. Since I sold my Virus KC *sniff* (NEVER do something that stupid), SoundDiver complained that it couldn't find a Virus synth (it won't detect the TI). This is fine, since you can just add the KC (or any Virus C) manually. This means you can probably download SoundDiver and do other conversions yourself; I just used the old binaries I had from when I owned the KC. I remember being able to download SoundDiver from Access, but I can't find it anymore and I've read elsewhere that Access removed it from their site, but they will send you the file (you're looking for "SoundDiver Virus 3.0.5.6"). On the subject of missing downloads from Access, the Realm's Mythology soundset on the Access website is currently linked incorrectly. In any case, after you add the KC manually in SoundDiver, open the .lib file and you should see the 128 patches listed by name. You can CTRL+A to highlight all the patches then File->Export MIDI File to save them in a format (.mid) the TI plug-in can interpret. You can also use SoundDiver to reverse engineer patches by double-clicking on them and looking at how the knobs are dialed in, but I have no idea how one might export the settings by name into a text file--good luck on that one.

Aloha, Matthew