Ability to tie ModWheel to LFO rate in clock mode

• I would like to have the ability to tie LFO rate to the Mod wheel or some other controller in the matrix while the LFO is in Clock mode.

• I would like to second that !!! Think of the nasty wobbles!! That would be fun:)

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• You've replied that twice now, but not said how to do it.
    If you don't provide a method, noone believes you.

I haven't said how to do it because it's the exact same way you automate anything else haha. At least it was in Cubase so I HIGHLY doubt it's different for any other DAW. Like marc said, it's as simple as automating the clock rate for whatever LFO you're trying to automate. Not sure why people even think it's not possible in the first place.

• Forgot that there is actually an extra step when you're not using the VST3 version. Right click the clock box next to the LFO waveform and add it to the automation. Posted that in the other thread too in case someone only stumbles across one of the two.

• You are both ignoring the fact that we are asking for the ability to tie a synced LFO to a modulator,
    I already knew you can automate it from a controller lane, but that isnt the question here.

Personally I dont sequence Parameters, I play my TI live mostly,
    So the ability to attach sync LFO to a panel knob or the matrix is very useful, whereas drawing lines in a controller lane is useless to me.

I don't see why the normal LFO rate knob on the front panel can't do the job, then we could tie any modulator to that.

• I think most people who have read the manual and DAW tutorials realise you can automate almost any parameter,
    That doesn't change the fact that we are looking for a way to modulate not automate, the SYNC locked LFO.

• The third post in the thread was talking about automating it, I replied to that, you asked me for proof, I said how to do it. Seems to me like we were talking about how to automate it. Just because the OP is about one thing doesn't mean that it's impossible to discuss other related subjects in the same thread haha. Forums are a medium for discussion, discussions progress to different topics. It's a good thing.

• I know it is not exactly what you are looking for, but what about this as a trick.

Use the 3 LFOs, clocked at different speeds. Say 1/2 note, 1/8 note and 1/16th note. Go into the Mod matrix, and assign each LFO to modulate the parameter you wish, for Dubstep, say Cutoff 1 and volume, but leave the modulation amount at 0. Then, setup each of the 3 soft knobs to modulate the mod. amounts of those modulation slots that have the LFOs assigned. So effectively, you could have softknob 1 do your 1/2 note wobble, soft knob 2 do your 1/8th note wobble, and soft knob 3 do your 1/16th note wobble.

This would give you the ability to "play" your wobbling. This could be a lot of fun, especially if you mess around with different LFO shapes for each, and even if you assign the mod wheel to modulate LFO Contour for each.

Matt

• You can automate the synced lfo speed via poly pressure, it's easy to do in Cubase. I've got a virus C, they might have made it simpler on the TI. Not quite sure. Here's how I do it: You've got to first create a poly pressure control lane, and you have to make sure that the virus sends its high page messages in the form of poly pressure (System / Multi Edit menu) and you've got to make sure that your DAW isn't filtering these messages out. That way you can hit record and the messages will show up in the sequencer when you turn the lfo rate knob. I think the poly pressure note that you have to select to see this is g-1, not quite sure. It'll show up in the sequencer once there's data there to read. Then, it's just a matter of penciling in the values!

Hope this works for the virus TI... I can't see why it wouldn't.