Dear Marc - Maybe not thousands, but it's definately not an isolated issue....

• Virus TI Snow crashes !!! was solved with OS 4.05

Virus Stops Making Sound! wasn't a TI2 but a TI first model and there's no feedback from the user

Virus TI snow crashing all the fucking time!!! wasn't a "standalone problem" but an integration problem.

I'm not denying your problem exists but for your own advantage please try to quote posts that are relevant to your same issue. Also, if all of you with the same problem also contacted support via e-mail I think it would be acknowledged and maybe solved faster - Marc alone can't solve the problem with some kind of Voodoo nor can other users

• I kind of blazed through the forum to find more, and must have skimmed them a bit fast....
    Thanks for your clarification though.

I already have submitted a detailed support request (Still awaiting reply). And I have recreated this issue on 2 different Ti2's, and so have 2 other users.
    I'm just worried because I might need to return my synth and will need to know within a certain time-frame... The only reason I am going public is to make contemplating purchasers know what they're getting into.
    If I had known this, I would have waited personally.

And besides, if there is a fix, wouldn't all these people like to know about it? That's the problem with direct email support; when people resolve their issue they never follow up so people like us can know what happened.
    If anything I could be saving their tech support some time, money and possibly even some unit returns or repairs even...

digital.criminal

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von digitalcriminal ()

• Today, it was reported to me by my Vendor through communications with Access, that there apparently is a Software Bug with the OS (3.3.4-4.0.5 on the Virus TI2 .

As we all know software can be changed,; so the virus ti2 will now further progress its hardware self to be an amazing instrument

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong : ;>

Thanks/

Alan

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mralanruby2010 ()

• Of course it's useful to discuss it on the forums but don't expect solutions from other members, we're just users like you and can't do much unless verify if our machines have or don't have the behavior (for example, I've not been able to check my V yet due to lack of time but I at least know I do get pops with some patches (like the Vuvuzela patches), a demo song which doesn't perform flawlessly as it did before and a quirky DSP usage bar behavior)
    Going all caps and posting a new thread everyday like I've been seeing from some other user doesn't help anybody instead, it doesn't notify support that the problem has some spread and only has the effect of upset the other users

• Roby - You must sense the frustration here on many users part, this is why people vent, It is the internet after all. Caps will never get repect, but it will invoke the frustration the person is having.

Its also good to know that you also have these same issues, CPU, pops etc. This is slowly confirming my first assumption - A software issue, not a hardware one.
    This is why im being so persistent and analytical about this, because software can evolve (away from issues) - Hardware like cpu, dsp's mainboards, Cannot.
    I mean don't you feel a bit upset your multi thousand dollar investment is still in "beta"....? Well the software at least....

As for Marc, I would really appreciate if you would chime in to any of my questions in many threads, you seem to be avoiding them.
    I just want a confirmation this is a software bug.. that is all. (Who knows maybe the avoidance is due to it being a hardware issue - like overclocked cpu's perhaps? The 25% performance increase between the TI and TI2 came from somewhere, lets hope it was a different cpu...)
    Telling me to contact support is great and all, (Which I have done) but I feel many need to be made aware, and then we can have progression to a global resolution.

digital.criminal

• The +25% power came out from Access changing the DSPs inside the TI. AFAIK the old ones were discontinued and these direct replacement are RoHS compliant - and they're a bit more powerful.

I know how you feel, sort of, but I think that sometimes there's a bit of over-complaining: for example, when people want to plug the Virus and decide the TI part doesn't work "as it should" and they should be able to do this or that and just plug the usb cable and it "has" to work. Obviously 95% of the times the user hasn't done anything in order to make the synth work as it should and the fault is on his account, when there is a forum full of tips and an official set-up guide. I often feel as the fanboi who has to spam every post on the internet with "zomg my Virus works flawlessly" because every other user who is happy with theirs just won't do it, and all I read every time is complaints or things that aren't even true (like Virus not staying in tune, Virus X sounding "so better" than Virus Y...) so I want the confrontation with Access to be as fair as possible. They're a small company and they've done so much for their products I don't think they'll just abandon it (Virus C recently got an update, more than 4 years after it was "discontinued", allow me to trust Access when they say they're working on issues). Keeping everything straight without adding things that aren't useful is the best way we can help Access help us.

Now, back on topic: I've never experienced the audio input bug myself as of now, so I can't comment on it, but the other issues I got are not workflow killing nor live situation killing; for example, I don't play the demo song live or record it; I don't feel I need more than 5 "VuVuVirus" patch at a time - I "might" explain the DSP-bar's behaviour with the fact that it's dynamical, so it's always calculating how tiring the patch is at a given time.

I want the problems you're experiencing to be solved, be they software or hardware, and I'll try to check my own machine as soon as I have the time to do it with the data you've posted elsewhere. I hope it helps.

• @ Roby31

' Virus C recently got an update, more than 4 years after it was "discontinued" '

-can you tell me about this update is & when was it released?

-any chance you give me the link or directions to this update (cant seem to locate it on this site)?

cheers.

EDIT: no problem i have found it :sleeping:

• Today, it was reported to me by my Vendor through communications with Access, that there apparently is a Software Bug with the OS (3.3.4-4.0.5 on the Virus TI2 .

As we all know software can be changed,; so the virus ti2 will now further progress its hardware self to be an amazing instrument!

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong : ;>

Thanks/

Alan

• Seriously, if your comments are not on topic, post a new thread please.
    I'm trying to resolve an issue here that matters for many people, not waste time and mention how great my virus is.
    We all know how awesome the thing sounds.....

If your not contributing, go play with your virus, or yourself for that matter...

• Just felt that access was taking a lil bit too much of a blow recently. I had noticed that it had fallen out of the top 10 synths in a certain magazine too.

Ppl thinking abt buying one only read all this negativity and will probably be put off. Which no doubt will result in my favourite synth manufacturer going out of business.