Anyone successfully restore from a Multi sysex dump?

• Today was the day I was going to record my new live set, this one all hardware with the Virus TI2 Polar and my Machinedrum. All the patterns were done, the levels all balanced, everything was mixed down and ready to roll.

So I turn on the gear and get ready to record, when I notice that none of the TI's sounds are right. All my multi's are totally borked, just random patches instead of the stuff I had programmed. Weird, as it was working fine around 11:00 last night and nothing had changed since then. This has happened a couple times over the last 6 months as I've written the set, but usually switching multi's and then back to the current one, or restarting the TI, solved it. Not this time, not I do will get my multi's sounding right. These are the first 16 multi's FWIW.

No biggy though, I have daily sysex back ups, I'll just load one of those. Except it's not working. None of the multi sysex backups will restore my sounds correctly. I've tried everything, diffferent midi cables, different sysex programs, nothing. I cannot get any of my sounds back, 2 hours from when I was actually going to record the set.

Has anyone else had this issue, or tried restoring older multi's from a sysex dump?