TI vs TI2 vs Snow

• Hey everyone, I hope this hasnt been discussed too often ;) but I'd like to buy a Virus. I just don't know which one, so the facts first
    Virus TI2 - I read that its got basically the same features as the TI1, only difference is, that its got 25% more power
    So 1st question: Are 500€ more worth the CPU power? I never had a HW-synth, I can't really estimate, but from my viewpoint (given the financial point as well): I'd say no. Or are there any other differences between TI1 and 2?

Now the 2nd question is between TI1 and Snow: I read that the basic difference between these 2 is that the snow also has the same sound features, but just less of them, i.e. less voices, less channels etc. Whichever piece I'm going to buy, it will probably be my main synth. So with a difference of rougly 250€ between Snow and TI I would say that TI is more suitable.

What do you think? I could afford a TI1 right away, but would have to save some money for the TI2, but that should not make the difference about what Im going to buy. I just don't want to spend so much money (the 500€, or even almost 800 compared to the snow) for features I don't really need

• TI Snow: 4 parts, 1 DSP/50 voices, 8 voice unison, 2 analog in/2 analog out, less knobs.

TI 1: 16 parts, 2 dsp/80 voices, 16 voice unison, 6 analog out, 2 analog in plus spdif connections

TI 2: Same as TI 1 bar faster DSP/ 100 voices.

All have total integration via usb with up to 3 outs in you daw which option to either use as a soundcard or have a sidechained input straight to the TI plugin without having to connect cables other than usb.

• Which one is better is up to you. In a studio environment where you don't have any other hardware synth you'll probably do perfectly with the Snow, just keeping in mind that it won't work completely like the virtual instruments you're used to - If you're planning to do live shows where the Virus has to provide more than simple solo tracks the added power from the TI2 is really a good thing.

• I think TI is the best bang for the buck.
    The 250€ difference between the Snow and the TI gives you
    - 2x more DSP power
    - 4x more multitimbral parts
    - 3x more outputs (allowing you to route a sub-output to an input for additional processing - not possible with the Snow at all)
    - usable hardware interface with lots of knobs.
    On the other hand, the 500€ difference between the TI and TI2 gives you
    - 25% more dsp power
    - sleekier design
    So, if you can afford the TI, go for it! 8)

• I just order the virus ti snow, as to portability and for in studio production do you think I was better off with a t1 first gen then the second gen or is the virus ti snow as just as good for production also. :?: