the vst for my TI believes i should be using a snow TI and i have a desktop ?

• i have just updated to OS 4 and my TI desktop is detected, but when i load up the access VST in logic the only option is a TI snow vst ?

now ive used the control plugin and teh desktop is backed up etc but i still have the problem with the vst appearing as a snow and this occurs

"you need to connect a virus ti snow to run the virus ti snow plugin or open teh virus control plugin operating the virus TI desktop"

how do i get around this any takers much appreciated

• Try to do a hardware reset on the TI, put it back in update mode, reinstall its firmware and try again to load it in the software DAW.

i would be very surprised if that would help. the TI series and the Snow are two different plug-ins. eventually you're accessing an older version of the Snow plug-in / the installer saved the new plug-ins into a wrong directory?

best, marc

• Hey omowgilo

Try deleting the snow plug-in & snow component.
    From your H/D , Library , Audio , Plug-ins , VST & Components
    Well thats where it is on an iMac.....I use Logic 9

Cheers to ya

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• Hi Marc
    For some reason if you have the plug-ins & components for both snow virus & virus Ti
    and your only got & using Virus Ti.
    When loading in Kore 2 or Logic 9 it picks up the snow component 1st
    So this is why , I always delete these other bits after any up-date on my virus Ti desktop.
    S (snow) comes before V (Virus)......
    All works fine for me !! Virus runs like a dream !! :thumbup:

Cheers

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• Ah cool! Just googled this answer, was getting the same problem with TI snow being the only virus control showing up. Deleted the snow dll and reloaded ableton, problem solved :)

Thanks zumooz!

(sorry to bump such an old thread)

• the virus ti software suite installer always installs all the components. and removing one is a bad idea. i'm happy that it works for you now but you should consider that you didn't fix the actual problem.
    best, marc

• the virus ti software suite installer always installs all the components. and removing one is a bad idea.

Marc are you saying there's something wrong with deleting the Virus TI Snow plugin when you only have a TI? I've been wanting to get rid of that plugin for a long time, I don't like my plugins list clogged up with stuff I don't use. For my situation specifically I just want to delete 'Virus TI Snow.dpm' so it doesn't show up in Pro Tools. Why would this be a problem?