Monophonic Virus TI App for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad?

• I often find myself away from the studio, and hear some sound I'd like to try to create and play with.

Could the Virus TI sound engine (or a subset of) please be ported to the iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad?

I'd pay $10, $25, maybe more to be able to play with a monophonic Virus TI light that's pocket size.

It's definitely within the processing power of these devices, check out Moogie, NNNMONO, MegaSynth and NLogSync, and probably many others.

It would really be really awesome to be able to share patches back and forth with the real thing!

It could become the ultimate marketing tool for Access, as there could be tens of thousands of people newly exposed to Viruses.

Also, it becomes a worldwide accessible and standard way for people to buy and sell commercial patches, and trade free patches - through the iTunes store!

Bonus would be the Virus Control GUI on one of these, turning it into the ultimate remote control. Finally a great reason to get an iPad - it becomes a programmable 2D multi-touch ribbon controller for your Virus!

John G.

• Yes, I've got the light version. NNN Mono is my current favorite, as it supports OSC and has a pretty cool interface. NlogSynth has the best keyboard interface and XY pad. ZenPiano shows that velocity sensitivity is possible as well.

My point is that if two DSPs can get 50-110 voices, the latest iPhone should be able to do 1 or 2, and that these other programs already exist show that it's defiantly possible.

A pocket virus!