How do you load RAM banks on to the virus?

• I understand how to burn patches to ROM and how to load patches via VC but can't for the life of me figure out where the RAM banks go. I read the snow manual up and down I understand I need to put them somewhere but can't figure out where??

Could anyone please explain?

Thanks

• Hi infraction

Page 28 0f Addendum pdf.
    Backup and Restore.......
    Backup and Restore allows you to write the entire memory content (including all RAM and ROM banks along with all multi patches)
    to one single file on your hard drive.
    To perform a backup, select the Backup and Restore tab, hit Backup and choose a filename and file location.
    Once that’s done, confirm by clicking “OK”.
    Depending on your Virus TI model, backing up the entire memory takes between 5 and 25 minutes.
    Restoring a backup file is equally simple.
    Switch to the Backup and Restore tab, hit Restore, select the file you wish to restore from and click “OK”.

Burn To Flash......
    Burn To Flash allows you to overwrite the content of the ROM banks in your Virus TI.
    As you may have already noticed, the Virus TI memory has been expanded to 26 ROM banks
    and all the new ones are only filled with INIT sounds.
    All those unused banks are waiting to be filled using Burn To Flash.
    In order to transfer a bank of sounds to the ROM section you need to select a source bank first.
    The “Select source bank” menu shows exactly the same choice of banks you see in Virus Control.

Cheers :D

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• there should be a folder in your My Documents called Access Virus
    they go in the patches folder

I'm not on about how to load it into the VC plugin, I'm on about the RAM banks stored on the virus, and I've already got a ton of banks in that folder for the VC plugin.

@ zummooz, that only works for files that have already been backed up. I want to store new patches in the RAM banks, the ROM ones have already been done.

• Just drag the ones you want to use into Rams A-D
    using virus control.
    Then can back them up...

Is this what you want to do ?

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• Sorry example....in virus control select Ram A in the top portion of GUI & then
    select the ones you want in lower section, then drag all or the ones wanted into Ram banks.

Should be clear as mud !!
    Cheers

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zummooz ()

• Sorry example....in virus control select Ram A in the top portion of GUI & then
    select the ones you want in lower section, then drag all or the ones wanted into Ram banks.

Should be clear as mud !!
    Cheers

Ah.. now I see the light

Thanks a million :D

• Hi infraction
    Just wondering did you get this fixed up & worked out ? :D

Yeah I got it sorted, I didn't realize you could just drag them into the RAM banks using the VC plugin.

Thanks again

• HI Gang .
    Im a little lost :S
    I want to use the VTG Electro Signature Set 2010 but i cant get them to load in my virus ti.
    Im not using Virus Control.
    But i am using Virus Control Center. I drop the VTG Electro Signature Set 2010 into /Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches .
    I open up Virus Control Center , then click on BURN TO FLASH ROM , Select Source Bank , Public Libraries , My Patches.
    Select Target Rom Bank , I then click on ok , It loads but when its finished im left with a rom bank full of "INIT".
    Were am i going wrong Guys?
    Cheers
    Franny

• Make sure it's properly selected in the source, also don't know if it's a bug or not but when I went to chuck an old bank I had in the source, as soon as I selected the destination the source would change, Sorted this by putting the particular bank in it's own folder alone in the patches folder

i.e. Access Music > Virus TI > My patchbank folder > Patchbank.mid

instead of just

Access Music > Virus TI > Patchbank.mid

• i tried to install the ti software on catalina ( i know its technically incompatible but saw a youtube video of someone who had it working, i guess they installed it before updating their OS and it sort of works for them). Anyway I plugged in my virus during installation as instructed and it replaced all my ram patches, and seems like the only way to retrieve them is with an app that doesn't launch on my OS, brilliant

• The bank files are in fact MIDI sysex data dumps. Thus the RAM banks can be loaded using any application capable to send MIDI sysex.

Details of how to receive MIDI sysex data are in the manual.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+