TI not responding to Virus Control

• Hello Everyone. I recently updated to 3.1 for my TI and after I did this I noticed that the TI would no longer respond to Virus Control changes for the effects and arpeggiator settings. Changes made to the front panel of the TI will show changes in Virus Control but not the other way around. I went back to version 3.05 and even tried 3.01 but the problem remains. Has anyone been experiencing anything like this or have any suggestions? I am using Cubase Studio 4.5 for my DAW.

• Hello Allen. Sorry to hear you're having this problem as well. I was beginning to think it was just an issue with Cubase, but apparently not. I'm still fighting with it, but so far I have found nothing that works.

• Hi,

Have a TI Virus Keyboard, sounds great but spend about 5% of the time playing it and 95% of the time trying to get it to work in a repeatable or predictable way. Trying to get my head around what works and what doesnt work. Updated to 3.1 in the hope that some of the bugs have been fixed but now seem to be spending even more time debugging as things that used to work, now don't work anymore. One of which is the problem you have stated above. TI does not respond to changes made to VC arp controls. Do not have time to test every other control in VC so its still a mystery what works and what does not. Do not have any of the supported software but get same results when used with Magix software, Acid Pro, Mulab and other VST plugin hosts. These programs seem reliable enough when used with other plugins. One strange thing is that after the update to 3.1 the arp controls worked for a while in Acid Pro then stopped working.

Have you asked Access about it?

• works well you say.

but.

Have you tried every parameter in vc to see if your virus actualy responds to it. I'm finding more and more that my virus will change parameters in vc but the vc will not alter the virus.

You don't actualy relise untill you test each one. Unfortunatly for me i don't know of which update they did work because i'm only discovering it with the features that I am now learning. Prior this I just persumed it was working.

Pretty pointless having a vc that doesn't do much except the filters. I think Virus should concentrate on this a lil more before adding new features.

• ive not had any problems with mine, it all works perfectly fine, just some projects the virus wont connect and load up to the project, says its not connected when it is and when it also works in other projects. this is annoying as i have 3 tracks almost ready for release that i cant finish because the virus wont initiate when i load up certain projects. other than that it works perfectly in the projects it chooses to work with! blaaah!! Technology eh?! :P

• yeh mate, my VC seems to be controlling everything, every knob ive turned in VC has done something its meant to for the actual sound.

my only issue is that the fucking virus wont load up when i open my projects so i cant finish them off!!! really fucked off at the moment, it started playing up when i installed 3.1.00 and apparently there was a newer 3.1.00 which they replaced the dodgey 3.1.00 update with which fixed this but i cant find it!!! i'm annoyed because i wish i hadnt have updated to 3.1.00 now because its not working in projects ive already started, it works in new projects i start when i open up a brand new virus plug in. says it cant be detected or there is a version mis match when i know that everything is up to date.

really struggling to figure out what the problem is!!!

• yeh mate, my VC seems to be controlling everything, every knob ive turned in VC has done something its meant to for the actual sound.

my only issue is that the fucking virus wont load up when i open my projects so i cant finish them off!!! really fucked off at the moment, it started playing up when i installed 3.1.00 and apparently there was a newer 3.1.00 which they replaced the dodgey 3.1.00 update with which fixed this but i cant find it!!! i'm annoyed because i wish i hadnt have updated to 3.1.00 now because its not working in projects ive already started, it works in new projects i start when i open up a brand new virus plug in. says it cant be detected or there is a version mis match when i know that everything is up to date.

really struggling to figure out what the problem is!!!

The latest 3.1.0.00 is available on the website. What you can do is: give 3.3.0.00 public beta a try. During installation, make sure the paths to your VSTPlugin folders are correctly set. Follow the instructions word by word.

-timo

• ok

i took timo's advice and installed the 3.3.00 beta release. installed to right directories and everything. now when i open up my project which i started a month ago before the problem happened, the virus does not respond and will not load up the projects patches (fails to load up and sync into the project). when i open up the GUI it displays the first message i recieved during this problem "The audio driver failed to start" it also tells me that i may have too many usb devices plugged in, but i only have the virus, a hard drive and my cubase dongle plugged into the laptop. if i go into "SOUNDS AND DEVICES" in the CONTROL PANEL and look at the DRIVER FILE DETAILS every file contained within the driver has a green tick next to it but the TIAUDIO file is the only file that has no tick next to it. "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vtiaudio.sys" has no green tick. is this normal??

I use the virus as my soundcard and it works just fine when i am not using a DAW application, if i was just listening to music via windows media player, it works just fine.

also, if i started a brand new project right now and loaded up the virus, it would work perfectly, i dont get it! it worked perfectly before i updated to 3.1.00 sigh, i shall email the support team now.

the virus AUDIO Driver Version is "2.8.14" is this the latest version???

i think that is everything for now

• 1. Removed all Virus drivers and software, etc. from PC, then installed 3.300 beta release. This seems to have fixed the problem stated at the start of these posts - where changes to certain parameters in VC did nothing in the TI. Virus now seems a more stable, predictable and repeatable than before. Still testing at present.

2. Unable to load plugin from projects created before updating to 3.1 and 3.300 beta.