virus control does not start in cubase tracks

• this is the second time it happens...i work for a while on a track in cubase. then i try to open on the next day and virus control does not start properly. it says:
    "midi driver failed or is not properly installed. this may happen if you have too many usb devices installed. Also try to install the virus software again."

the ti has a pci usb interface alone (nothing else connected to it). All other cubase tracks work normally, only all saved versions of the track have this strange error.
    Since this is the second track where this happens, i really start to get somewhat annoyed! It seems to be just a matter of time, then it might happen again! In this way i cannot work with the virus.
    i bought a dedicated usb card only for the virus, the track seems to be lost...
    Anyone else with this error or any experience what to do?

BTW: the strange behaviour i described in my other posts is still there, it just dont annoys me enough to post it here until today. The only thing i got through the dedicated usb card is that i could use a lower buffer-size. (But i dont use that anyway because this eats too much cpu)
    this really starts to hurt!
    loosing whole tracks is really a bit too much to tolerate!
    HELP! ;(
    prokaion

virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5 32 bit

• i have this problem as well...
    1-when i turn off my midi devices such as midi controller which i used in my project...
    2-and sometime for run again VC without Midi driver failed ,first i load VC IN instrument panel and then open my project

and check your usb bandwidth for virus it should be 73%

and i suppose core i5 750 ,it does have enough cpu performance why it didn't enough for you i have core i3 530 ,and it's fine for me...but i'm thinking to change my cpu just like you

• Ok, hrm, reinstalling through Virus Control center solved the problem for now, yesterday i was really upset..
    But this is a lot of action, took about 20 -25 minutes the whole reinstall (and backup before etc), i hope this wont happen too often!

heckmat
    bandwith is exactly 73%

do you mean it helps to open cubase and put VC in the Instrument-panel, and then open your project?

thanks for now

prokaion

virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5 32 bit

• You can get easily around this problem, though it can be very annoying.

1. Open up Cubase
    2. (do not open any project, but) press F11, and open the Virus TI into the VST instruments slot. (it will open now correctly)
    3. Load a project / begin songmaking.

This works like 99,99% of the times, so should fix the prob..

edit: oh, someone had already told the same idea.. cool

• Ok, hrm, reinstalling through Virus Control center solved the problem for now, yesterday i was really upset..
    But this is a lot of action, took about 20 -25 minutes the whole reinstall (and backup before etc), i hope this wont happen too often!

re-updating the virus using virus control center will not help. you need to examine your PC.

best, marc

• does that happen to you with cubase 5.5. only or earlier versions as well?

cheers, marc

• sorry for the bump, but I am having the same issues as well.
    i'm using 4.1.1.05 virus control atm, and cubase 5.1.0
    what lightsound said is correct and did seem to fix the problem for me.
    i have had this issue since i purchased my TI, hopefully it will be fixed soon.