Connecting TI Desktop to Logic 9

• Hello! I just got Logic 9 and I can't figure out how to setup my TI desktop. I installed the 3.03 software and it is recognizing it in the Library. No sound though. Any help for a newbie? I'm currently using USB connectors with the desktop and a usb keyboard. I'm playing with the logic software instruments and it is working, though. Help I'm new to computer DAWS! 8)
    Thank you,

Jeff

• Have you loaded the TI tutorial song to check it works? Download the movies and see how to do it. Also, I had a nunber of problems with 3.0.3 so I suggest you instal 3.0.5 even though it is a beta. If you are new to Logic it can be VERY confusing with Virus Control.

Cheers,

B

• Marc, can I comment that you have a rather complicated way of setting up multiple midi channels in the tutorial song? Those copies of the software instrument also falsely give you the impression that you can change each channel's volume and panning and insert fx independently. All you need is one software instrument with the Virus Control plugin and connect a multi-instrument object to it for the 16 midi channels. I appreciate you don't want to scare new users with the Environment but it is much simpler.

B

• it is not so much us preferring this way, it is apple recommending it. the old way of cabling midi objects into audio objects will result in timing problems and other unwanted side effects. this is true for every audio instrument, not only Virus Control. the easiest way to setup a multi channel instrument in logic 8/9 is to make a new instrument track (cmd-alt-n) with multi-timbral on and 16 parts.

best, marc

• Another reason to do it like the tutorial is you cannot bounce a TI part in Logic unless the track is a software instrument. MIDI instrument tracks can't be bounced. Wish I had realised that before :)

• I am doing a clean install of Logic and I need to re-install VC. I have one channel working fine. However, I can not get additional channels 2-16 on the VC in Logic 9.

First of all I can not find any video - neither through the VC nor on Access's website.

I did download the tutorial, and its absolutely of no use at all. There are plenty of good tips once you have it installed, but the only advice seems to be "look at the tutorial song and do the same thing". Well I didtake a look. It seems to be one channel on the mixer and multiple tracks on the arrange page. But ... I can't copy them to my project. When I duplicate the 1st track in logic, it makes a new instantiation of the VC which of course is not allowed and won't work. I was able to get another track with the same instatation but when I have changed midi channels and what happens is that they all change to whatever channel I change to.

All this documentation, and they can't just say "do this, this, and this" to make the TI work in Logic? Do you go into the environment? What is the secret? :?:

• maybe you have a look at your logic manual and learn how multi instruments work? there is nothing special to the virus and it isn't exactly rocket science either. as for the videos, i guess you mean the logic setup tutorial video. this can be found by going to the download section on the access website and choose "Videos" as download category.
    by the way: if you create a new instrument in logic and you choose "multi-timbral" and 16 tracks, logic does that all automatically for you.
    best, marc

• I actually watched all the videos and understood what it was all about, but since i never used 7 had a friend "translate" it to 9 so i could use it, still love my TI2 and could not be happier. :)