analog OUTs out of time

• Hello!
    My sound card latency is known as X ms.
    How can I adjust my TI Keyboard masterpiece to avoid predelay recordings cause feel tired of manual wave proceedings.

P.S.

I read manual and found nothing about latency settings.

Regards. :thumbup:

P.S.2

Sorry for this question might be often asked.

• you might want to take a look at the setup guide for instance.

best, marc

• Apple Logic Pro
    Most settings which need to be adjusted can be found in the audio device and
    general preference tab. Here are the most important ones:
    ‣ I/O Buffer Size needs to be in the range of 64 - 512 samples. 64 samples might
    result in audible artifacts with older Macs. We recommend 128 samples.
    ‣ Process Buffer range needs to be set to “Small”.
    ‣ Plug-In latency compensation must not be set to “Off”.
    ‣ Low Latency Mode should be disabled.

So does that mean plugin latency compensation rules this parameter for TI?

I thought there is setting on TI that I can adjust regardless certain value shown in Core Audio setup.

• The way I have understood this (and please do correct me if I am wrong) is that the Analogue outputs latency is totally variable, and will change from project to project depending on the DSP load of the Virus TI - so that there cannot be any "stabile" latency setting that would work for the Analogue outputs (because the latency of them, is variable).

And that these outputs can be used only for pads etc. that do not require that crucial or "spot on timing"..

• Hi,

Are you using Virus Control plugin?
    If yes, have you unchecked the "Live" button?

Audio latency depending on the DSP load of the Virus seems strange...

By the way, if you're not using the Virus Control plugin : I do know that the MIDI output of some DAW has a lot of jitter. For example, with FL Studio, I can't play precisely 16th notes at 180 bpm. This might be your problem.

• The way I have understood this (and please do correct me if I am wrong) is that the Analogue outputs latency is totally variable, and will change from project to project depending on the DSP load of the Virus TI - so that there cannot be any "stabile" latency setting that would work for the Analogue outputs (because the latency of them, is variable).

the latency is not very variable. the problem is that the sequencer change the latency under certain circumstances, for instance when you select a track versus you don't select it. it doesn't change with anything you do on virus, it only changes depending on the playback system and with certain operations. but i guess that's already unpredictable enough when you're focusing on your music. but if you put a midi delay on all tracks routed to the analogue outs of the virus and you make sure that you decide beforehand if this delay is accurate for a situation where the virus is the selected track or (not you) will end up with a pretty deterministic situation.

to comment on another idea mentioned in this thread: the live button minimizes the effect but there is also a big drawback when using it: the timing of virus control is not sample accurate anymore. the live button was never intended to be used that way.

best, marc

• the latency is not very variable. the problem is that the sequencer change the latency under certain circumstances, for instance when you select a track versus you don't select it. it doesn't change with anything you do on virus, it only changes depending on the playback system and with certain operations. but i guess that's already unpredictable enough when you're focusing on your music. but if you put a midi delay on all tracks routed to the analogue outs of the virus and you make sure that you decide beforehand if this delay is accurate for a situation where the virus is the selected track or (not you) will end up with a pretty deterministic situation.

Hello,

Okay, thanks this was valuable info - for trying to configure the setup..