Virus TI is really CPU hungry on iMac i7 27 inches(+10% cpu load)

• I have noticed that whenever the Virus TI is used as my main soundcard on my iMac i7 27 inches, kernel_task indicates at least a 12% load, even when nothing is active beside the Virus. As soon as I close the unit, I go back to 0.2% load. If using my Virus TI means a 10% drop in overal system performance, I'm afraid it's way too hungry for me to keep it. Any suggestions?(besides getting a proper soundcard)

Thanks

• i use core i3 on windows 7 64
    it takes around 8-10% from 100% for me when i open vc,i suppose it's normal...
    new core ix use step speed so after loading more cpu power it will control cpu speed...
    so when i don't use multi threading and intel speed step technology ,i get better performance but in huge load of vsts
    it's better to use those technologies..

• I use my TI Polar on my iMac 27 inch and it uses hardly anything on it's own - synths like Massive I've found to be way more cpu hungry than a Virus. Having said that I don't use it a my main soundcard I have a firewire card I use as the audio source and the TI for sounds.

• Hi,

You specified that you use a firewire card as your audio source with the virus, can you please tell me which way i route my audio as i have just purchased a focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp. Id like to use that as audio source and virus for sounds through cubase.

Info appreciated

Chris