How to update virus B ?

• Hi Guys, yes, a silly question indeed, BUT, the guidelines on manual are much more silly, missing every step !!!!! Theu just say "load the file into your sequencer"...ok ! but what I must do to Virus ??? any setting to adjust or else?
    Please can you explain me the process to update OS 4.8 to 4.9 ? (I've already downloaded the file from the web)
    thank you

• its pretty easy bud

golden rule though

make sure the sequencer runs pretty slow.....40bpm .......and you will get an update screen to let you know

apart from that there is no other setting to change

• nope sorry bud no private mail

what does the screen say?
    have you tried an update already or is this the first go?
    does the virus power up ok?

• ah sorry! I didn't know about private email

ok back to us
    the screen says nothing
    it's the first update I try
    bu wait wait...now I start to think that maybe there is some problem with my audio-interface mmmh
    well, what do you think if I try to use the master-keyboard for sureness....mac to keyboard through usb and then keyboard midi out into virus midi in ? I think it works...

• can only be a good thing.......

personally ive had problems with updating my virus b back in the day
    and its pretty much a trial and error thing

i would say that maybe going straight from the computer into the virus is your best bet because the keyboard may filter some data out

also keep trying with the tempo thing as well as i wound up using 20bpm and not the recomended 40-60
    also make sure your updating the right os
    cant remember which one i used but they give you 2 types

best of luck
    also let me know when you get sorted as i have a bag of goodies for your virus B

• great I'll try later/tomorrow and I'll let you know !
    bag of goodies for me ? mmmh delicious !!!!

oh, two fast asnwers:
    - is correct the connection I've told you before ?
    - I've S version....in the main folder there are "S-version, T-version" BUT there is also a midi-file named "second1024", is it an extra/second file for both versions ? I think so because inside the S version the file is called "fisrt", it's just strange for me because this file is not inside the S folder or T folder but outside, into the "main folder of both versions"

cheers!

• yeah it doubles the number or banks
    or its the patches for the update, i cant temember, its been a while

oops i didnt see youre on the mac
    with logic

sorry mate

• oh yes, I'm a new mac lover :)

so, you don't remember if I must update also the "second" file....ok, maybe I'll try also the second , hoping that I don't damage nothing :)

about that ctrlrv: wooOow ! Mks30, Juno......Amazing !!!!!! But, are those vst for Logic or I can download them in some way directly into virus ?

• I just bought Virus B.... sounds great....but... I noticed that the OS needs to be upgraded. I donwloaded the upgrade on my computer. I bought a MIDISPORT UNO (USB/MIDI) cable...and now what? Are tehre any instructions on this? I have a Windows with XP. I am looking at the manual and I don't see anything. I have googled it and can't seem to find anything. HELP!!!!