Virus TI OS 4.1.0.16 is available for public beta testing

• hello,

a new version of the virus ti software suite can be downloaded here. among other refinements, the new version addresses the following issues:

• HI: Added "dB" to Delay Send and Reverb Send value representation
    • HI: Parameters do not change themselves anymore
    • HI: Soft knob display messages corrected
    • HI: Bank MIDI dump / Arrangement MIDI dump was broken (fixed)
    • HI: Possible detuning of synth engine (fixed)
    • IN: Firmware update did only work on second attempt in OS X installer (fixed)
    • IN: OS X installer crash when retrying firmware update after device was in use (fixed)
    • IN: OS X Document alias pointed to the wrong directory
    • SE: Atomizer crashes under certain circumstance (fixed)
    • SE: Possible crackling with short notes and certain patch combinations (fixed)
    • SE: Improved pitch bender calibration • SE: Improvements to Input Static Mode
    • SE: Tempo dependent FX do not change tempo when changing patch
    • VC: Automatic software update check
    • VC: Global Midi Volume now initialized correctly, when starting up VC
    • VC: Knob mode could not be changed (fixed)
    • VC: Native 64-bit support for OS X (added)
    • VC: Search in browser could find results that did not meet search criteria (fixed)
    • VC: Sluggish UI in Windows 7 (fixed)
    • VC: Some parameters in Distortion and Freq Shifter were not locked with Section (fixed)
    • VC: Improvements to text edit fields
    • VCC: Crash when burning ROMs (fixed)
    • VCC: Occasional wrong menu selection when burning to ROM (fixed)
    • VCC: User bank symbols disappeared after 8 banks were burned (fixed)

Known issues:

• Key commands (cursor keys in browser for instance) in Protools do not work as expected.
    • Minor redraw problems in Protools.

please report your findings in here.
    thanks, marc

• Not a big issue haven't really tested it out fully yet but in ableton I've noticed it adds an "unmapped" parameter when you go to add stuff to the automation.

• [quote='skydan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=10896#post10896
    1. Is it possible to make some backgrounds of VC little more darker? Like on my images? I think it would be usefull for easy reading of text.[/quote]

hi, yes of course. we didn't change the colors intentionally, it seems to be a "alpha" related issue. we need to look into that.

thanks, marc

• Hello,

I download & install OS 4.1.0.16 today.
    I notice the following bugs:
    After playing, tweaking the VC for 15 minutes "Right clic" is no longer accessible. (No add to automation, sort alphanumeric, delete selected patches,...)
    Load & Save buttons on the left side of the VC no longer accessible.
    The same for the window of Ram, Rom & User patches...

I must close Ableton Live 8.2.1 and open it again so that these bugs disappear.
    Unfortunately 15 minutes after they appear again. :(

Windows XP 32bits SP3

Cheer, David

• Using Logic, MacBook Pro, MacOSX 10.6.4, was having communication problems, it always seemed to lose sync at RAM patch 81.
    I upgraded to 4.1.0.16 and swapped out the USB cable, it seems a bit more stable but now has the following problem...
    Under the browser tab, I was only able to set the bottom window once, since then selecting any new patch set in the bottom selection field loads that set into the top part of the window not the bottom.
    I tried using the uninstall tool, then reinstalling the software, but same result.

I've also tried deleting any virus related files in my home/Library area. Still no luck.
    Is there something else I should try to reset this?

Also, how do you switch the volume knob from only effecting output 1-2 and phones to being a universal volume knob?
    It seems to be listed in the new features, but I haven't been able to find anything obvious in the config menus.

Thanks!
    jgg

• It use to be the case where under the browser window, double clicking on a patch, then hitting down or up arrow keys would load the next or last patch. This seems to no longer work.
    It was a very useful feature for walking through a set of patches.

• Back in logic, I've noticed that the VC doesn't show banks that are ending with .MID or .Mid, only banks that end in .mid (non-caps)show up.

• All in all the GUI works much better on windows 7. Though the fading effect between the single pages/tabs is still not smooth. I would prefer no transition effect if it doesn't feel smooth.

• Does anyone know if you have to have Mac OS 10.5 for the update to work? I am using 10.4.11 and I love it.

10.5 is the minimum since some time, i know, it will not work in 10.4 anymore. we will look into that though, currently it is undetermined if we can make it work again (and with the rest) or if 10.5 is mandatory now. just out of interest, why are you still on 10.4? non of the major sequencer lists 10.4 as compatible anymore.

best, marc