Virus TI OS 4.1.0.16 is available for public beta testing

• I found some issue here. When I try to drag&drop some patch to my library from browser in VC it always back to the last page. I mean, VC doesn't save the position of page...

Take a look at this:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://s010.radikal.ru/i311/1011/17/4f9f8a799493.jpg] [Blockierte Grafik: http://s014.radikal.ru/i328/1011/9f/33b95d1570d1.jpg] [Blockierte Grafik: http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/1011/e6/379acbff3954.jpg]

Notice that VC browser views "Page 8 of 10" but the content of pages is different after I've dropped a patch. It's very unpleasant issue...

Closer view:

http://s010.radikal.ru/i312/1011/07/733552331757.jpg

http://s011.radikal.ru/i316/1011/42/8482379fd235.jpg

http://s16.radikal.ru/i191/1011/c5/c50f401d467c.jpg

• 10.5 is the minimum since some time, i know, it will not work in 10.4 anymore. we will look into that though, currently it is undetermined if we can make it work again (and with the rest) or if 10.5 is mandatory now. just out of interest, why are you still on 10.4? non of the major sequencer lists 10.4 as compatible anymore.

best, marc

Stability. My setup's interfaces, software, controllers, synths and Virus all work perfectly. I have considered upgrading to 10.6 though. Virus OS 4 installed with no problems for me, that's why I was wondering. Thanks.

• Stability. My setup's interfaces, software, controllers, synths and Virus all work perfectly. I have considered upgrading to 10.6 though. Virus OS 4 installed with no problems for me, that's why I was wondering. Thanks.

fair play. we don't cut off OS versions because of marketing decisions, it is more like at some point in time it's getting obscure to support a long gone version on a coding level. i'm using 10.5 on my main music rig right now and 10.6 on everything else and i cannot say that 10.6 behaves badly at all. especially with device drivers, 10.5 and especially 10.6 seem to be the better choice. you need more ram though.

best, marc

• Some syncing problems here. I'm using XP x64 SP2, Cubase 5.5.2 and three usb outputs from TI. When I stop & play fast, different parts usually plays on different times or any of them continue playing the same note until I stop my daw... anyone more?

• we don't cut off OS versions because of marketing decisions.

best, marc

And this is why myself and probably so many others adore you guys at Access. You continue to give and give and give just because you can, you do not come out with new revisions forcing us, the consumer to give and give and give with our wallets every time a new feature etc becomes available in the Virus line. If only your fellow Germans at Steinberg saw things the way you do. Instead, they deliberately leave bugs unfixed and features left out so we will pony up for each and every upgrade, only to be disappointed over and over in the long run. That is another story and totally off topic however.

• • HI: Possible detuning of synth engine (fixed)

• HI: Parameters do not change themselves anymore

unfortunatelly... still they do((( and i dont know what to do now((( its destroying "working on track" process sometimes....

i am really dissapointed, i bought my virus ti2 kyboard few months ago, and it have so many bugs, sometimes it stucks, sometimes change parameters, detune...

• and you're talking with support about all that? i just looked through you 40 posts, i think you really should contact support. what is your actual problem with detuning?

marc

• I still seem to be having a problem with the direct outs (for recording purposes). I will triple check this again later to be sure but for me there is an audible delay (latency) on the physical analog o/ps that are being fed directly into my RME FF800 when using this feature on the VC. No software monitoring going on anywhere. I found the LIVE button to be bang on though, almost as if it were coming out of the analog o/ps instead. Using Logic 9.1.3 and 10.6.5. Other than that, very nice indeed thankyou!

• It would appear that by engaging the 'LIVE' button, all analog outputs (as well as the USB outputs) appear to be 0 (or extremely low) latency making recording a take an absolute pleasure. The 'LIVE' button seems to disengage automatically on playback keeping everything in sync with both analog and USB outputs, kind of making the 'D' button a thing of the past now? I can't see much point in using it myself with this method! I was always under the impression that the 'LIVE' and 'D' buttons were separate entities before, but if the 'LIVE' button is switched off when using the 'D' button there is a noticeable lag (hence my first post). Anyway, this works an absolute treat and now I can route audio out of all three USB and Analog outputs giving me plenty of scope. Did this behaviour change in 4.1 or did I miss it somehow, somewhere in the past!?! My TI has never been better to work with, it's like having a new machine. Am I correct with what I am saying above Marc?

Cheers. :thumbup:

• D is for Direct Monitoring, whereas Live reduces latency for playback but disengages sample-precision afaik.
    I don't understand why you are using the D button instead of assigning the desired part to an analog output pair, or I don't understand what you're trying to say altogether

• D is for Direct Monitoring, whereas Live reduces latency for playback but disengages sample-precision afaik.
    I don't understand why you are using the D button instead of assigning the desired part to an analog output pair, or I don't understand what you're trying to say altogether

What does Direct Monitoring mean I wonder? That's right, a latency free path for the audio so you can record without hearing any latency. So, why does the DIRECT button, when switched on have latency on it unless you engage the LIVE button? It was always enough to just press the 'D' button on it's own, is what I was trying to say. I was looking for a response from Marc, but seen as this apparent new method works fine I don't really need one now. I was just trying to clarify what had changed with regards to this functionality in this new version, if any.

The whole point of my post was - when recording in Logic, I always use the USB outputs so the audio is piped directly into Logics' mixer. Recording with the USB outputs though always felt sluggish because of the latency involved. The solution was to use the 'D' button so the analog outputs 1+2 were coming directly through my audio interface, i.e. Direct Monitoring with no latency then, when done switch it off to resume perfect sync on the USB outputs. All I'm saying is functionality of the whole thing seems different now. I just wanted confirmation. :)

• to my knowledge, nothing in regards on live mode vs. direct monitoring has changed.
    marc

Thanks Marc. It just seemed odd that I have to press the live button to remove latency when using the d button. It turns out that I don't really need the d button anymore as latency is way down with either usb or analog outputs when using the live button to record, so it's all good, perfect sync! Thanks.

• and you're talking with support about all that? i just looked through you 40 posts, i think you really should contact support. what is your actual problem with detuning?

marc

Hello! My problem is, that i turn on my virus TI 2 Keyboard, and as soon i start to play, some parameters are changing themselfes... detuning, semitone or else, but only few times. It is really strange, when we speak about digital hardware, but after few minutes it starts working stable...

• Hello! My problem is, that i turn on my virus TI 2 Keyboard, and as soon i start to play, some parameters are changing themselfes... detuning, semitone or else, but only few times. It is really strange, when we speak about digital hardware, but after few minutes it starts working stable...

please get in touch with support. your virus might need servicing.

best, marc