New Beta O/S update 4.1.0.16

• Hi,

Has anyone tried the new Beta O/S update 4.1.0.16, if yes can you give any feedback on performance etc?

Resolved issues, refinements and new features:

• HI: Added "dB" to Delay Send and Reverb Send value representation
    • HI: Parameters do not change themselves anymore
    • HI: Soft knob display messages corrected
    • HI: Bank MIDI dump / Arrangement MIDI dump was broken (fixed)
    • HI: Possible detuning of synth engine (fixed)
    • IN: Firmware update did only work on second attempt in OS X installer (fixed)
    • IN: OS X installer crash when retrying firmware update after device was in use (fixed)
    • IN: OS X Document alias pointed to the wrong directory
    • SE: Atomizer crashes under certain circumstance (fixed)
    • SE: Possible crackling with short notes and certain patch combinations (fixed)
    • SE: Improved pitch bender calibration
    • SE: Improvements to Input Static Mode
    • SE: Tempo dependent FX do not change tempo when changing patch
    • VC: Automatic software update check
    • VC: Global Midi Volume now initialized correctly, when starting up VC
    • VC: Knob mode could not be changed (fixed)
    • VC: Native 64-bit support for OS X (added)
    • VC: Search in browser could find results that did not meet search criteria (fixed)
    • VC: Sluggish UI in Windows 7 (fixed)
    • VC: Some parameters in Distortion and Freq Shifter were not locked with Section (fixed)
    • VC: Improvements to text edit fields
    • VCC: Crash when burning ROMs (fixed)
    • VCC: Occasional wrong menu selection when burning to ROM (fixed)
    • VCC: User bank symbols disappeared after 8 banks were burned (fixed)
    Known issues:
    • Key commands (cursor keys in browser for instance) in Protools do not work as
    expected.
    • Minor redraw problems in Protools.

Thanks
    Tony 8)
    http://www.tonylongmusic.co.uk/virusti2.html

• I've installed it on Windows 7 and can't use the VSTi:
    Heavy display problem: wrong resolution not fitting in the VSTI window, wrong mouse adjustment to buttons, no reaction when clicking on buttons

I get the distorted display both in Cubase and SaviHost.

Can anyobody on Wondows 7-32 confirm?
    I'm testing on a Lenovo Notbook at the moment. Any display resolution issues?

• I'm on Win7 64 and am experiencing a lot of crackles in the audio.

The VC works well and it is def a lot smoother on Win7 64.

I cannot work with the crackles so I'm going back to 4.05.

I can deal with sluggish but not noise.

Matt

• When I initially loaded the new OS it locked up my Ti, forcing me to power cycle, but seemed to complete anyways. Unfortunately neither my PC nor the Ti gave me an error message when it locked up, so there's nothing helpful to relay. Since installing it though it has been working great, no glitches, and so far, no sync issues.

So all in all, thanks for the update. VC is finally usable in Win7 :)

• I have a virus ti desktop and am running windows 7 64 bit.
    For me, this installer does the same as the last official os4 release... Half way through the installation, just after turning the virus on to upgrade the firmware, it stops rolls back everything and gives me a update failed message.
    the last os I managed to get working that still loads perfectly every time I re-install it after trying one of the new ones is the first os4 beta.. 40201 x64
    any help would be great. thanks.

• Not working on windows XP / Cubase 5 .

Mysteriously stops playing at random and a full shutdown and reset is required to get it to play again for a few minutes before the same happens.
    Never had this problem before. Previous OS worked better for me.

• i would try to get to the bottom of the problem. it's nothing generic.

marc

I'm clueless at the moment:
    the TI plugin is the only one of my VSTis that is not displayed correctly.
    So while I'm willing to believe that it's nothing generic, I still don't see where I could start bug hunting.

I would like to avoid downgrading, because both software and TI would have to be reset to the previous version.
    But it seems it's my only choice.

• I'm clueless at the moment:
    the TI plugin is the only one of my VSTis that is not displayed correctly.
    So while I'm willing to believe that it's nothing generic, I still don't see where I could start bug hunting.

try Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display

there are a couple of settings. check if those are default values (100% for instance). i think there is something wrong in virus control and i has to do with the interpretation of those zoom values.

best, marc

• try Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display

there are a couple of settings. check if those are default values (100% for instance). i think there is something wrong in virus control and i has to do with the interpretation of those zoom values.

best, marc

That was it:

I'm running my Tablet PC at high resolution, but sized the display at 125% a long time ago, to have a better surface view at symbols etc. This setting was forgotten since the day it was done, because it never caused a problem.

Thanks for the hint, Marc, and sorry for wasting your time with a trivial OS question.

• That was it:

I'm running my Tablet PC at high resolution, but sized the display at 125% a long time ago, to have a better surface view at symbols etc. This setting was forgotten since the day it was done, because it never caused a problem.

Thanks for the hint, Marc, and sorry for wasting your time with a trivial OS question.

thanks for bringing it up, it is a bug which needs to be fixed after all

marc

• Basically any of my existing projects which references the plugin ( last updated to 4.0.5 and was working - with timing issues but workable at least.. ) crashes immediately its loaded.
    New projects - as soon as the plugin is added to a track, crashes.
    Its unusable, so I'm probably going to downgrade to 4.0.5, which itself seems to have a lot of timing issues.
    bit disappointing for a £1500 synth really.

• Basically any of my existing projects which references the plugin ( last updated to 4.0.5 and was working - with timing issues but workable at least.. ) crashes immediately its loaded.
    New projects - as soon as the plugin is added to a track, crashes.
    Its unusable, so I'm probably going to downgrade to 4.0.5, which itself seems to have a lot of timing issues.
    bit disappointing for a £1500 synth really.

the minimum requirements as stated on the website and elsewhere are 10.5 or higher. this is the case since a while, not only since this release. if you want to continue working in 10.4 you need to downgrade and ignore future versions.

best, marc

• Hello, I download & install OS 4.1.0.16 today.
    I notice the following bugs:
    After playing, tweaking the VC for 15 minutes "Right clic" is no longer accessible. (No add to automation, sort alphanumeric, delete selected patches,...)
    The same for the window of Ram, Rom & User patches...
    I must close Ableton Live 8.2.1 and open it again so that these bugs disappear.
    Unfortunately 15 minutes after they appear again.

Windows XP 32bit SP2