OMG Finally I fixed my timing/sync stuttering issues.....

• Ok so first a lil about my setup...

-RME Soundcard (as ASIO audio out)
    -Virus TI2 (with vst control) 4.1.10.16
    -NI Maschine (Drums)
    -Cubase 5.5.1 32bit
    -Loads of vst etc...

Ok so after much BS and testing I have sync finally....

-Set Cubase Project to 48KHZ
    -Set RME Soundcard to 48KHZ
    -Set Virus to 48KHZ (Before entering Cubase - not sure if this helps)

Maybe Im celebrating too soon, but I finally (after 5weeks) have perfect sync and am not going to be able to sleep.
    I will have to keep this project open until I finish it... lol

MAybe this helps someone? I refuse to use the virus as my soundcard as it is definately not a nice as the RME...

digital.criminal

• Also, I have a dedicated USB card cause running it off my mobo was causing some other issues... Plain sawtooth sounded distorted...
    Guessing was not enuff bandwidth.

Also USB 3 port worked great until I installed usb 3 driver...lol... So I just dropped the $30 bux on a dedicated card and it works great now...

• Hello,

thanks for the information.

I have had awful pitch shifting problems, that seem to be directly related to the Virus TI midi timing also.. that Access seem to have trouble both pinpointing and fixing.. :(

I've got to give your method a try, before re-considering to sell my Virus TI..

• though access seem very suspicious of it - i would recommend that everyone got a dedicated USB device for their virus ESPECIALLY if they have other stuff going on on USB like webcams or whatever (possibly not on laptops due to the lightweight nature of working with them).

• YEs and if you run off usb2 ports, youre most likely sharing IO with other devices... Which does not work well..