Cannot get sound to from USB port on Virus TI

• Can someone please tell me how to get the USB port set on my Virus TI. When I bought it (used) the 'USB' icon was lit, but I couldnt get the Audio 1+2 to work and I just wanted it to play thru my monitors so I did a factory reset. But now I want to record and use the VST plugin w Cubase SX and I cannot get sound the minute it opens. Someone please help or point me to a similiar thread/tutorial.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Z.

• Marc,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I installed the software intitially. I seem to have figured out how to get sound coming through the usb now, and midi in cubase as well, but I have one other problem that perhaps you can help me with. As mentioned the midi and sound are working in Cubase, but when I open the VST plugin for Virus TI I get no sound. As soon as I close the plugin the sound comes back. It might be worth mentioning that I am running XP and I am using a M-Audio delta 44 sound card instead of the onboard.

Thanks in advance,

JZ

• Your post is unfortunately a bit unclear about what you want to do and what you tried to do. One thing your post could mean is:
    If you have got sound from the Virus using the "Virus TI Synth" MIDI Port and you open Virus Control, the "Virus TI Synth" will be disabled. Instead, you need to route MIDI to the plugin.
    You should try to load and play the tutorial song. If there is sound, everything is fine.

In case this is not the answer, please get in touch with support, so they can try to help you in more detail.

-timo