How I a make a nordlead benni banassi type compressed bass sound usind virus ti?

• Most of the characteristics of his signiture basslines are due to his heavey use of sidechain compression.

I found that Fabfilter's Pro-C SC compressor plugin is pretty awesome for that ducking effect, or the Kjaerhus Audio GUP-1 SC.

On the patch side of things its a pretty basic sound, you should examine RAM A-2 GlobalDJMS on your virus, its pretty similar in the way of its rawness!

Tweak and EQ that preset, and sidechain the tits off it and you'll be on your way to achieving the same type of sound.

• Can you guys provide a link to the music that provides a good example of what you are talking about..Im not familiar with the music and would love to learn something new

• Here is a good link to a typical Benni Benassi bass sound with sidechain compression :

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Whats up man how are you? :)
    I have a video where you can see benny at work in the studio. He doesn't really use fancy shit to make his sound. He uses Oddity vst for his basslines. It's just a matter of a certain compression setting and a seperate sidechain compressor which is feeded by the signal of the kick. Each time the kick comes in the signal of the bassline is pushed out of the way. In that way you can create that pumpy sound that you here in most house, electro dance etc. tracks. I don't know which DAW you use but mostly a sidechain compressor is quite easy to set up. If you're not that experienced it's definitly worth gettin' into synthesis and compression. The bassline is just a simple sawwave though. It's one of the most easy sounds to create with your virus. Good luck :thumbup:

• thanks guys for your advice.I use live 8,what setting do you suggest for the banassi/electro house sound on the live8
    sidechain compresser.Right now I am using the attack set to 1 ms/release to 54ms and threshold around -33 .
    Here is my lastest track

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    with sidechaining-hope it is in the right timing!
    -Xavier J.

• I have had a quick look at Fabfilter PDF manual and cant figure out how to side chain signal using that application (I currently use Quadro in cubase SX3 but am looking for a better way of doing it)

how do you route the kick signal to squash the autio track using this?

• I have had a quick look at Fabfilter PDF manual and cant figure out how to side chain signal using that application (I currently use Quadro in cubase SX3 but am looking for a better way of doing it)

how do you route the kick signal to squash the autio track using this?

I'm guessing that you have set up your quadro channel correctly with the busses activated in vst connections and put the pro c in an insert.

Make sure that it is the (SC) version of fabfilter pro c . hit the expert button to open the expert panel then change the sidechain to ext.

thats you ready to send your signal bud

• Whats up man how are you? :)
    I have a video where you can see benny at work in the studio. He doesn't really use fancy shit to make his sound. He uses Oddity vst for his basslines. It's just a matter of a certain compression setting and a seperate sidechain compressor which is feeded by the signal of the kick. Each time the kick comes in the signal of the bassline is pushed out of the way. In that way you can create that pumpy sound that you here in most house, electro dance etc. tracks. I don't know which DAW you use but mostly a sidechain compressor is quite easy to set up. If you're not that experienced it's definitly worth gettin' into synthesis and compression. The bassline is just a simple sawwave though. It's one of the most easy sounds to create with your virus. Good luck :thumbup:

Where is the video?
    Edit:
    I just made search on google and i saw he had or still have hardware synths and not like u wrote.