Using Ti2 via Midi question

• Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have only recently got this new toy :D . What I want to do is use the usb only for changing patches etc from a laptop, and trigger the sounds via Midi and use the analogue outputs from my music PC. I can't run the software on my music pc as I have Xp Sp1. When I try to get it working, once the Virus has the USB lead attached it only works via USB not midi...is there a way this could work?
    Thanks.

• When your virus is USB-plugged, you can see two virtual devices on your computer : "Virus TI MIDI" and "Virus TI Synth"
    - Virus TI MIDI is for talking to the physical MIDI port.
    - Virus TI Synth is for talking to the synth.

So yes, using MIDI OX (freeware) you could redirect the "Virus TI MIDI" input port to the "Virus TI Synth" output port.
    This basically transmits everything received on the physical MIDI port on the Virus to the real synth.

• thats an awesome fix for the ti not recieving midi while the usb is plugged in

100% it works?

i'll have to try

i cant even remember why i wanted this to work in the first place...... many years ago .......

• Of course it works! :)

The "TI not receiving MIDI while USB is plugged in" is not a bug, it's a feature!
    It allows great flexibility of usage. It allows you to remove or insert your PC into the MIDI chain without having to physically reconnect anything. I wouldn't want the TI to behave differently! ;)

• I have tried doing this - but my Virus does not respond to the MIDI I send it on the "Virus TI (Synth)" port...

Any ideas?