Impossible to use Virus Ti2 with Ableton Live 8: communication error

• Hallo...
    I work with an iMac i5 with OS 10.6.5, Motu 828 MKIII soundcard and Ableton Live 8.2.1
    Just upgraded my Virus to last OS 4.1.1.5 but the problem is not solved on mu computer.
    Everytime i start my Virus Control as a VST this message appears:

" A communication error has occured. The Virus TI does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt, Please be aware that the RAM banks in the browser window will not correspond to the actual content in the device! Please check your system setup"

I tryed resetting it with "arp edit" method
    I checked the system profiler and Virus doesn't share any USB connection with important things (Only IR Receiver and iSight)

What's happening?
    I didn't noted this trouble when i bought it.
    Now it's unusable!!

Please help me..

Other important machines connected with USB (but in other HUB) are: NI Maschine, Remote SL, Akai APC40 and Motu Microlite....

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ElectroClash ()

• I've just installed Reaper and the same error is shown.
    So Is not Ableton Live

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ElectroClash ()

• Thank you for your answer.
    So what did you do?
    All envelopes become impossible to use: the machine doesn't respond to the Vst.

Could be a broken RAM on the machine?

• Already done...
    If it's usefull I can post a photo of my system profile.
    Please don't say that the solution is use only a Virus on a modern computer.
    It's incredible in a machine of 2400 Euros!
    I've read very well the setup guide many times...

The iMac i5 has 4 USB on the back: these correspond to 2 HUB (2+2)
    In the Hub of the Virus I only see "iSight" and "Ir Receiver"
    I need to connect other controllers but they are connected to the second HUB (also this is pretty hard to believe: Akai APC40, NI Maschine, Motu Microlite, Novation Remote SL, Moog Little Phatty, DSI Tetr4 all pressed in a powered hub because Virus need a complete computer for it!
    This should be written in the BOX WHEN A CUSTOMER BUY IT!!!

"BE CAREFUL! YOU NEED A COMPLETE COMPUTER FOR YOUR VIRUS"

sorry for my disappointing, but i'm going mad for this trouble on an expensive machine i wished for many years....

• I'm communicating with the technical support of Access...
    Disconnected EVERYTHING (very stupid but i did...)
    Changed USB connection on the iMac
    Unsistalled and reinstalled the Virus Control center suite
    Resetted the RAM memory of the Virus....

THE PROBLEM CONTINUES............

Now I could say that the Virus HAS a problem... :(

• I'm having a similar problem....

i'm using a TI1 and i can assure you your virus is not the issue.

when i use ableton, or protools for that matter on my imac i7 i can use it as a midi controller fine, but the minute i open the vst plugin i get error messages and the virus needs to be restarted to be functional.

i tried my virus out on my 5 year old crappy dell laptop running windows xp and it works completely fine, and i also tested it out on my 3 year old macbook pro running leopard and the virus works fine...

i've been in touch with access support for about a month now and i've had the same responses, do the whole arp edit restart as well as the hold down the exit key restart.

i'm pretty sure the issue is an issue with the internal usb hub routing of the intel imacs... cause i'm getting error messages about the virus sharing an internal hub with other devices. though access says this shouldn't be the problem

• @ElectroClash :

I bought my Virus TI2 desktop on last summer, and after some months of useless posts on this forum and emails to the customer support about my "out of sync" problem, I finally found the solution :

Never use the Virus Control VST with Ableton Live, it's only made for those who don't have an audio interface !
    I only use the USB connector as a MIDI interface with the Virus, and the audio outputs trough inputs on my MOTU 828mkIII.
    Traditional MIDI synth in MULTI mode, it's really safe using it this way.

But I agree with you: it's a shame to pay this price for a machine with so many small (and less small) bugs and ergonomic errors.