How to connect the Virus TI2 3x Analog Out to PC?

• Hi there,

i'm an happy user of the TI2.
    Since i'm working with the usb controller, there are limitations as we all know..
    Now i want to use and record the analog outputs of the virus so i can use it to the max, and the vc only for sending midi-data to the ti..
    What is the best way to do this without lost of quality?
    What soundcard can do more inputs at high quality, and/or is there a digital mixer with (motorized) faders?

Thank you,
    Barry

DAW : Cubase 5.5 / FL Studio 9.7 XXL
    Virus TI2 - OS : 4.1.1.05

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DeeJayBarry ()

• 1-no, vc isn't only for midi message it also can provide 3 setero usb outputs in your daw..
    2-digidesign 003 control surface does have input and motorized fader...
    3-another options are motu 896 mk3 and Rme fireface 800...

• Allright, thank you.

1-vc is usable with 3x stereo out, indeed..
    but my problem is:

when i have a patch with a detuned lead, using the hypersaw and i'm sending 3 notes (on 2 octaves) to my virus, there is a buffer/voices problem?
    most of the tones are working correct, but some of them are not played (or the virus gets out of sync).
    i think that the virus can't handle that notes at the same time trough usb... is that possible?

in the display of the virus there is an buffer/max-indicator?
    that's normally on the half of it, but at the end of the melody it's to his max...
    is that the reason why it gets out of sync or not played all the notes?

• as i remember i got same result with stand alone mode in comparison with usb mode...
    did virus get out of tuned or even didn't play some notes ?
    do you think it's polyphony problem or usb transferring bandwidth problem?
    usually polyphony voice is same in both stand alone and usb...

how many parts do you use?

• well, to be honest... both!
    some notes get out of tune, other won't play at all and then the virus will get out of sync...
    after some seconds it will back in sync again (sometimes with crackles), but when the pattern is playing the melody again the trouble comes again (ofcourse).

i don't know for sure, it is 1 part/1 patch > one hypersaw osc detuned @ 100, the other hypersaw osc detuned @ 96 without reverb, without delay.
    some of the patches (leads) are played correct trough usb, while some other patches the virus completely gets out of sync nor play all notes..

i use an asio driver (other soundcard) with some latency (especially for the hardware), but i try'ed to use an wave-out driver as well..
    it doesn't matter, same troubles :(
    i've buyed an pci-usb card especially for the ti2, so i can't imagine the usb is the problem.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DeeJayBarry ()

• when i use 1 or 2 part i mean when i loaded 2 of browser patches in vc mixer i don't have sync problem but some patches like pad or string does play crackles even when i play 1 part of mixer...
    i usually get out of sync or not play correctly the notes when i use 4 part together but it depends on patch architecture some them use more polyphony and i,ve tried to manage them for less polyphony...
    but if you got out of sync even using 1 part of your virus i suppose you have to follow some instruction on setup guide
    and check your usb setting on your windows power option as well.

• Yeah, that could be an good option but i have checked the setup for several times...
    another usb port, an hole new usb-pci card instead of the onboard usb, etc..

My windows power system is always on performance, even all the bios settings are high (cool-fan, etc)
    it seems that amd has some troubles with the acpi in the bios with some usb controllers.. maybe that's the reason..

I think i'm going to try my other pc, to look of this happens on that also..
    i let you know!

thanks