How to make this sound? (sample attached)

• Hi Virus folks,

I'm trying to create this popular psytance sound on a Virus TI, and I exhausted all ideas .
    Example: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w7ds1m
    The delay and modulated hipass filter are obvious, but I can't figure out this speeding up 'scratchy' thing.
    Tried LFO modulating osc volume, patch volume, filters.
    Tried to sweep pitch of OSC1 modulating OSC2 - FM, PhaseMod, RingMod.
    Always end up with nasty digital mush, nothing comes close to this crisp scratchiness.
    Is Virus capable of such sounds at all?
    And if not - what synth is it, then? And how is it done, generally?

• Never mind guys, the kind folks over at isratrance forum helped me :thumbup:

Hey Boreg,

Could you kindly share with us the tweak settings ? would like to learn this as well.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]

• Basically, it's a simple saw oscillator into distortion. The right kind and amount of distortion is crucial for the "ripping" feel.
    Phaser also goes very well with such sounds. A nice trick is to use the phaser in "static" mode (LFO rate = 0) and adjust phaser frequency for desired tone.

I can post the patch - need to remember to do it when I'm home; if I forget, feel free to remind me :D

• Basically, it's a simple saw oscillator into distortion. The right kind and amount of distortion is crucial for the "ripping" feel.
    Phaser also goes very well with such sounds. A nice trick is to use the phaser in "static" mode (LFO rate = 0) and adjust phaser frequency for desired tone.

I can post the patch - need to remember to do it when I'm home; if I forget, feel free to remind me :D

Hey boreg, can you upload the patch u made? Would be really great to try your patch.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]