A new updated manual

• Virus C guide

There's a world of difference with the TI guide. After checking the C guide, the manual for TI is like a c...p :thumbdown:

So Access can do a much better job for the documentation, and we have proves with previous manuals :cursing:

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• +1 for a comprehensive manual, that list at least every named parameter and shortly describes what it does.

I mean… how long did it take you to figure out what they called aftertouch in the mod matrix, when you wanted to use it for the first time?

• Why do people prefer knobs all over their synths?

Live Performance? Ever did that?
    And also with Computer-only music, you will need some physical controllers anyway, no matter if you add a USB-based device to your computer and route it to VSTs, Rack-Modules or whereever - or have MIDI-Controllers in between the source and destination.
    I do not excpect you to use just a mouse?

>the manual for TI is like a...
    Really that bad?

• >the manual for TI is like a...
    Really that bad?

Read it by yourself... and when you finish, let me know where do I find, in a detailed way, how to use the new features for OS 5 like Envelopes, Filters. Even tell me where can I find, in a detailed way, how to use the new effects on OS 4 like the Vowel Filter.

• The addendum and errata.

Indeed, and for that exact reason we need an updated manual instead of reading addendums. As you know, the manual for Virus C is way better compared with the manual for TI.

I don't think addendums is the way to go. Otherwise, it's like saying its correct to have the manual for Virus A as a base, and keep releasing addendums for Virus B, then C, then TI, then each OS in TI... not correct :thumbdown:

• Indeed, and for that exact reason we need an updated manual instead of reading addendums. As you know, the manual for Virus C is way better compared with the manual for TI.

I don't think addendums is the way to go. Otherwise, it's like saying its correct to have the manual for Virus A as a base, and keep releasing addendums for Virus B, then C, then TI, then each OS in TI... not correct :thumbdown:

The addendum and errata have their place - if you're already familiar with the contents of the manual, you can just read the addendum to see how the new stuff works or what has changed.
    Personally, though, I would generally prefer to be able to refer to one source for all the information. I don't see that it would be that difficult for Access to add what they add to their addendum or errata to the manual as well. I'm sure they'll want an updated manual when they release their new hardware, so why not keep the manual up to date, then that's one less thing to worry about later?

In a way, this is mirrored by Access' approach to software updates - many companies release a patches or updaters for their software, rather than requiring users to download and install the entire thing over again for each release. I mean this as an observation rather than as a criticism, but the processes Access follows for updating with regard to their manual and software suggest a more old school approach focused around major releases rather than constant updates. It may be that it is better for them to focus on getting everything right for a given release, yet there are always, and will always be, bugs in any software - which is why having a system where it is convenient for the developer to consistently release updates and the users to apply them has its advantages.

• The virus is a sleek machine built for competent people... don't drive a Ferrari if you don't know how to handle it...simplez! :thumbup:

This sleek headed approach is so 20th Century

Addendum's Errata etc are so 18th century when republishing was a mamoth task

Digital manuals; there is no excuse.

So yes I have just bought my Virus TI2 Polar and love it, but the information trail

I bought this on the basis that the Kemper Profiler Amp was reasonably well documented; but this Virus chaos takes the cake

I think it must be my karmic payback for ignoring all those manual in my life and trusting to the addage; a manual is the refuge of the unmanly!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hobie () aus folgendem Grund: This sleek headed approach is so 20th Century Addendum's Errata etc are so 18th century when republishing was a mamoth task Digital manuals; there is no excuse. So yes I have just bought my Virus TI2 Polar and love it, but the information trail I bought this on the basis that the Kemper Profiler Amp was reasonably well documented; but this Virus chaos takes the cake I think it must be my karmic payback for ignoring all those manual in my life and trusting to the addage; a manual is the refuge of the unmanly!