Does anyone know what the Ti wavetable is based on?

• I like wavetable synthesis, and I like my Snow. I was wondering if the waves in the wavetable are based on classic waves from the PPG, or Prophet VS, Wavestation?

I think it would be really useful if you could load your own wavetables, or if at least if you could choose between some classics.
    The Prophet VS (I believe) had some of it's waves based on the old Korg DW series, and I like the sound of both of those - It would be cool to be able to emulate any wavetable synth on the Virus by loading in custom wavetables. I think the ESQ-1 used three different waves per sound, so that would be out of the question, but you could get similar sounds.

Anyway, I assume the wavetable in the Virus is based on something pre-existing, I just don't know what.

S.

• the wavetables in the Virus TI were designed from scratch. they are stored in the read only section of the memory board and cannot be edited or replaced. they are not simple single cycle waveforms but rather multiple waveforms stretched over the keyboard. they are based on a formula rather than being a sample.

marc

• Hi Marc,

Are you able to confirm if there are any 'pure' saw wave wavetables?

I can only seem to find wavetables that sound like a square.

Thanks

Shesh.

• "multiple waveforms stretched over the keyboard.."

Is this similar to PPG and so superior to Ensoniq as the Wavetables are generated than simply sample base? With Sample based wavetable you may get degradation as it the Waves are stretched across the keyboard.