Virus TI OS 4.5 Preview!

• Always the same: complainers complaining about the release not being soon enough and then two days later complaining that is buggy and unusable ;)
    If I ever sell my Virus it will be either for funding another (or some health related expense) or for getting rid of this.

Hey Roby

You're not talking about me there are you? I don't think I've ever complained about it being buggy & unusable.

I posted here yesterday as a bit of tongue in cheek cos Ben mentioned in the video that it would be released in about 45 days and that must have been about 45 days ago.

No complaints from me, just anticipation for some cool new features - bring on the chorus :thumbup:

• He said more than 45 days, which means it could come next century in dev speak (although doubt access will take that long compared to other companies).

I'm betting it will be out by easter at least although be nice if we see a stable release or beta to try this week

• Ruari: I wasn't talking about you, but I was certainly referring at many users - it's the thing that hurts me the most about the Virus...there's so much complaining about it everywhere at any time that it makes me ask myself questions about the human being. This forum in particular seems to have loads of people saying either the instrument is buggy and unusable (rendering the people that have actual major problems like a lot of detuning an unheard minority) or that the updates are taking too long to release, only to go back at "bugged unusable why does this crap cost 5000$" stage a few hours later.

For people who only attend this forum trying to help other users it's frustrating and unnecessary. I'm almost sick of trying to deal with it and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

As for the updates: I want all the features Access can pack in the Virus as well. I'd love if, when "discontinued" (I wonder what that will cause) or, better said, "superseded", it will be because the current hardware can't have any more stuff going on. What I find different is that I can wait for it to happen - I want the features but when I decided to finally buy a Virus the current OS was 2.7.5 - I would have bought it if it the OS had to remain the same forever because I liked what the Virus did in that incarnation. Quite a bit of stuff has been added in the meanwhile and I'm sure there's still space for improvements, I really, really want moar but I can wait. Let them do their work and things are bound to be smoother then if they were in a rush.

Also: USE the support form in the main site to inform them of every bug you find, so they know what is going on. Reporting on the forum will make other users know the bug so they can test it and such, but it's important that that kind of information reaches the devs, not "only" Marc who can't do everything alone.

• Roby, forums by nature mirror complaints of users facing problems in an overproportional way.

In general, I hardly know any userbase which has as much respect and appreciation (and for good reason) as the Access Virus user base.
    They have been going through easy and hard times (the TI and its integration were VERY buggy at the start of TI times) with the Access team, because they recognize the excellent customer support and update work from this team. And the Access team is very aware of this user base appreciation, be sure about that.

So no need at all to get excited and dramatize completely harmless update questions.
    It's WAAAY over the top to react like that, or even say crazy things like "that it makes me ask myself questions about the human being".
    Completely out of proportion!

Now could we all please come back down again and make some harmless jokes about a nice update we are looking forward to? :rolleyes:

• I'm looking forward to this release. I really appreciate a fantastic chorus effect recently, which is why :) If I could have it for this weekend, I'd be most grateful as I have a bit of time on my hands! :)

• I would guess they are reluctant to add features which would be too cumbersome to edit via the knobs.. Which is understandable

IMHO, the virus lack independant envelope. I would like a different envelope for each filter and osc.
    Yes we can use different part for acheive that, but it is a little bit cumbersome.
    Personnaly i never use the knobs, so i dont really care.

• The sound possibilities would definitely be expanded with envelopes for each OSC but they would have to incorporate the knobs for me because i program from the panel/knobs pretty much exclusively. all the knobs was a major selling point for me!

• Yeah...more knobs would be good or something like pressing and holding the "Tap" button to access a second layer of controls.......basically turning the whole front panel on the ti into soft controls

• thats a guess. but i would like to hear an official ETA.

Good luck.

If history is anything to go by it will be in two states:

- not ready, in which case the release date is TBA

-THEN-

- ready, in which case the release date is as soon as possible

It will be ready when it works satisfactorily - in that working environment a deadline can only delay, not bring forward a release.

• Access owes us nothing, and this update is nothing urgent.

Anyway, it would just be nice to get a short official feedback, after the orginally planned rough date is over, and it's been quite a while since the NAMM announcement.

• I am totally pissed off that the virus ti has had so many problems. The 64 bit version will completely crash on cubase 5 or 6 on exiting the program or removing the plugin from the instrument drop down. A beta fix should be released asap how to us professional producers who rely on this equipment for live and studio performance work when we spend all day trying to problem solve crash errors.