Virus TI OS 4.5 Preview!

• Ok, let's face it.

Frankly, I had really hoped to download and use the OS update, presented at NAMM, sometime between Namm and Frankfurt Musikmesse, or at least get a hint what to expect roughly when.
    Now it seems that this has been nothing but wishful thinking from my side.

We are 3 weeks before Frankfurt meanwhile, and it looks to me as if Access will deliver the update close to Musikmesse, perhaps to gain public attention for the same thing twice at a prominent place:
    - announcing it at NAMM
    - delevering it at Musikmesse (or close to it)
    But sometimes a too long delay between announcement and delivery takes most of the fun and excitement away.

I for one am completely off of curious "Santa Claus mode" after many weeks, and back to prosaic everyday business reality mode. Probably a wise switch anytime... 8)

• I wish people would be a little more understanding of the disconnect between:

"WHY AREN'T THERE ANY UPDATES?!"

and

"HOW DARE THEY NOT KEEP THE PROMISES FROM THEIR UPDATES?!"

or

"WHY ISN'T THIS RELEASED YET?!?!?!?"

and

"THIS RELEASE IS FULL OF BUGS HOW DARE THEY?!?"

This is not directed at anyone in particular, and, indeed, is common on countless other forums with other manufacturers.

• Nothing of that is my concern.

We had a preview on January 10.
    Now it's more than 2 months later and all getting a bit prosaic. That's all.
    No big claims neither way included.

But you are right that the bug concerns always interfere with the general update specs.

• If access would just let us know whats up its a win/win. its not like people are mad because the update isnt on time they are getting frustrated because they are left in the dark. I for one would be happier if they said it might take another two months than if they said nothing and released it in a week.

• If access would just let us know whats up its a win/win. its not like people are mad because the update isnt on time they are getting frustrated because they are left in the dark. I for one would be happier if they said it might take another two months than if they said nothing and released it in a week.

They said this on facebook to another facebook user earlier:

"as soon as OS 4.5 is ready, I am sure there will be a post about it here, as well as an notice on our website."

In other words let them get on with it and it'll be out before you know it.

• here's an update for you.

we intentionally did not announce a release date. the sonic state video from NAMM 2011 says "more than 45 days" at the end. the good news though it that we're mostly done with OS 4.5. - in fact, the new features were done one NAMM, a couple of details in the new mod matrix sources apart. we were caught off guard by a problem introduced with the latest window 7 service update and a condition with protools 9. those are solved now and we are conducting the final beta testing. assuming that no further problems will be discovered i'm positive that we will have news for you within the next 14 days.

best, marc

• Thanks Marc for the updates. Looking forward for the new features. Awesomeness.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]