Sidechaining / Running exterior signals through virus filters

• Hey Guys, Im a newbee, but excited to learn this virus TI 61 key in & out! Im using logic and trying to figure out how to run other signals through the virus filters (high pass, low pass, etc...). Can I run the signal through virus control with in my project? Or do I have to run the output from my audio interface, into the virus itself, then back out of the virus, into my audio interface. Hope I made sense.

Thanks fellas...

• You have both options, but imo the best way is to send & recieve your audio via your audio-interface with logic's i/o plugin.
    Just hook up spare outputs of your soundcard to the inputs of the virus & then go from the virus' outputs back to your soundcard & tell the i/o plugin to send & receive from those in- & outputs.
    You will probably have to adjust the input settings of the virus (there are multiple input settings, these attenuate or amplify the input signal).
    Not at home right now so i cannot give a step by step explanation but you can find info on this here or in the manual.

PS: if you happen to play electric guitar, try plugging that in your virus. I tried this recently (straight in, no amp or di) & the results are stupifyingly superb!

Breaxity - bringing breakbeats and basslines for over 5 years on urgent.fm - tune in - rinse out!

• You have both options, but imo the best way is to send & recieve your audio via your audio-interface with logic's i/o plugin.
    Just hook up spare outputs of your soundcard to the inputs of the virus & then go from the virus' outputs back to your soundcard & tell the i/o plugin to send & receive from those in- & outputs.
    You will probably have to adjust the input settings of the virus (there are multiple input settings, these attenuate or amplify the input signal).
    Not at home right now so i cannot give a step by step explanation but you can find info on this here or in the manual.

PS: if you happen to play electric guitar, try plugging that in your virus. I tried this recently (straight in, no amp or di) & the results are stupifyingly superb!

You don't have to do that, if you're not using the virus as a soundcard enable the USB input in the VC config page and you can use the sidechain input within logic to route in DAW audio into it.

• Zitat

You don't have to do that, if you're not using the virus as a soundcard enable the USB input in the VC config page and you can use the sidechain input within logic to route in DAW audio into it.

I wish it was as simple as this....but for me with Cakewalk Sonar (8.5 and X1), it doesn't work....in my track output/send choice, the virus USB input just doen't appear anywhere... :thumbdown:

• ey thanks guys..i was searching for this hint with usb input and now it works fantastic! :thumbup:

the only thing im wondering..now i got a delay/latency when i hit my midi keyboard (novation remote sl) ...before / without the input i works fine... how i resolve this?