Virus TI + NI Maschine 1.6: Tested and Working

• Definitely not a "supported host" by any means, but Maschine 1.6 beta just came out and I thought, why not try it out?

On a Mac with 10.6 the VC works great in 64-bit and 32-bit mode. I only used the AU version of the plugin, but Maschine does let you use your VSTs and your AUs like, say, Ableton does.

Works flawlessly. Obviously a simple host like Maschine doesn't support delay compensation (probably never will) so just set your buffer really low and put the VC in Live mode, and everything is very playable.

• I've had a couple of minor glitches :

I am led to believe Maschine does not yet support multi instrument audio out, anyone confirm or help?
    Reloaded a project and the Virus had decided to change to VirusSnow (took me a while to realise why there was no sound comming through).
    Haven't tried audio export yet from maschine using Virus TI, again any feedback would be great.

Apart from that the possiblities in the future are going to be pretty good if you're into Groovebox style sequencing pre mixdowns etc.

• Has anyone figured out how to send MIDI to multiple Virus Control plugin channels via Maschine yet? If so, please do tell! If I can get this dialed, I could see Maschine + Virus TI keyboard + additional FX box as my main compositional/live rig. I LOVE these two pieces of kit. If I can get all 16 Virus channels going, I will be excited!

• i bumped into the same problem after loading my project. again it loaded up as the ti snow and now i cant get any audio to come out do i have to reinstall virus control? im using os 4.5.15 with windows xp. question 2, should live mode be switched on at all times when using virus control?