• What a fantastic idea. I like how they implemented a crossover in the new Choruses coming in OS 4.5. Since they already have this function sorted, it would be quite nice to have to implemented into other areas of the Virus such as the distortions. Access is this possible?

• Each of the distortion effects on the second page have a high and low control so you change the emphasis on what parts of the signal you want to enhance, then you vary the mix level to choose how much of the original signal you want in.

• A highpass filter before the tone control (at least for the stompbox emulations) would be killer.

What would be way cool is if the hypothetical 'highpass' control and the tone and high cut parameters were added to the mod matrix.

AtonyB - I think brianrichards is coming from the point of view that removing some frequencies completely will yield different results to emphasising a range of frequecies.

This would allow for 'cleaner' sounding distortion at 100% wet. That's way distortion is supposed happen, IMO.

• OK, but the tone control is a sort of state variable filter for that very purpose - maybe you want more extensive filter controls, but isn't that what the filter is for? Or am I missing something?

• The 'state variable filter' is somewhat limited and kind of redundant when, in reference to the stompbox models, you have a LPF running into another LPF, no?

(if you can't tell already I'm quite fond of the stompbox models)

The only stompbox dist with a highpass in the tone section, IIRC, is the Saffron dist. I realise the filters are specific to the unit modelled, hence why I think the addition of HPF before the tone control would be swell.

Edit: After pondering this a little more, one of the issues I have with the filter section is that there isn't an option to put a 4pole filter after the saturation which is why I'd like to see a little more flexibility in regards to the filters and the proposed mods to the dist section. Maybe even variable filters for the post dist filter.

I'll keep dreaming for now... :)

• ...I'm quite fond of the stompbox models...

Aren't we all... Also, i think the Saffron is by far the best model on there (but that's not relevant)...

I do agree, more flexibility on the filter section would be nice and some flexibility on the FX chain...

When you use the analogue filter (1-4 poles) the saturation automatically becomes the analogue saturation, i.e. part of the model, they arent separate, so you can't really change the order.