Routing from Logic INTO Virus?

• I recently got a TI2 keyboard, and I'm using Logic Studio 9 with the TI plugin. How do I go about routing a sound in Logic into the Virus? Like, if I wanted to run a guitar track into the Virus and have the Virus gate it or something. I've heard it done before, and surely there's a way to route from Logic to it, I just don't even know where to start.

• From the TI Setup Guide

It seems that Logic has an issue with side-chain....For my part, I'm with Cakewalk Sonar, and I can't use Sidechain too....the USB Virus input doesn't appear anywhere...the only solution is to route your guitar track toward a physical output of your audio interface, and then connect this output to the physical input of the virus...finally set up the Virus to have the physical input as the source of ext sounds (not USB).....but be carefull with latency...

• If you are using something else as a soundcard (ie. not the Virus) then you should be able to click on the CONFIG tab with Virus Control,

....set the Output configuration to 3 Outputs/1Input

….route the recorded guitar track (Audio 1, Audio 2 ….etc) to the Side Chain input on the Virus Control window (should be the little drop down box in the upper right hand corner of the plugin window)

Et Voila!

Choose one of the 16 Virus channels within the plugin window, and set the channel's Input Mode into "Static", and away you go.

(i am sorry, I have not used Sonar so cannot comment)