LFO Rate mod when clock is enabled

• Why can't you modulate the LFO rate when the clock is enabled? I've tried everything from the matrix to automation inside my DAW. The matrix only works for non-synced LFO's and the Rate knob on the synth and the TI plugin can't be automated. I hope I'm wrong and just missing something, but if not please fix this!

• It's probably a feature and not a bug - you can't continuously vary a synced 'clock' rate as they aren't necessarily ordered by speed (you get increases and decreases in speed as you run through them) anyway, and there are no gaps between - in non-synced mode it has a continuous (within the bit depth given) and numerical variation which an LFO output can be easily combined with.

It wouldn't make sense to link, for instance, the arpeggiator mode to an LFO and I think this issue is not to dissimilar...

• It's not a bug and certainly not a 'feature' to lack this ability when other much cheaper VSTi's like Massive can do it. Hell, my RS7000 will let me do this even if I use an external clock source.

• But I want to modulate it in clock mode, that's the whole point. I figured out a workaround but I'm sick of workarounds. I seriously have never seen a modern synth without the feature. I have to add the LFO Clock to an automation line then either use my Virus in Remote mode or another MIDI controller mapped to that automation parameter. Not too fun.

• I'm not sure how it works with other DAWs, but in Ableton you can only modulate a clocked LFO by drawing automation curves. You can't automate a clocked LFO in realtime (with the Virus).

This was recently brought up in the feature request forum, so you should +1 if it's something you want.

I think people are surprised by the lack of this feature because just about every soft synth can do this. However, I do not think it's too common to find tempo synced LFO automation in the hardware world, although it seems like something Access could add.