Cant update TI with 64 bit system?

• I think it wouldn't be reasonable to expect anything BEFORE win 7 is released - I'm sure much more will happen once it has actually fledged...

Beta driver on beta operating system doesn't really tell you a huge amount about how stable your drivers are, i think they dont want to have to rewrite huge sections just because MS change something at the last minute...

• , i think they dont want to have to rewrite huge sections just because MS change something at the last minute...

MS?
    do you mean "Microsoft"?
    last minute decision?
    64bit?

where have you been?
    moon?

vista64 was released january 2007. not to mention XP64.
    as you can see, there was a lot of time to get prepared...

• The new Beta seems to have (albeit experimental) 64 Bit Support, so it's just a matter of time before we get PC 64 Bit support - then by the time Windows 7 comes out, we'll be laughing!

I've waited a year as well, but the Virus TI is worth it. Great bit of kit.

Has anyone tried out the 64 Bit Mac beta yet?

• Sorry!
    I just recognized, I got it totally wrong!

BUT:
    Even Vista64 would need 64bit support... so there actually IS a system to get things done!

Personally I wouldn't dream of using vista to produce music, if at all - the amount of resources wasted on doing not very much - the argument of Vista not being great is a dead one anyway, the fact that Win7 came out so quick is as much of an admission from MS as you'll get...

Fact is, Win7 is the FIRST MS OS that is actually pushing 64-bit, Vista just had it as an option - wheras Win 7 has 32-bit as a touch of legacy compatibility...

I won't argue too much, the day x64 Win 7 drivers come out is a day that i will be very happy indeed - and I can only think the reasoning for not entering into beta testing during the beta period like a lot have people have done is due to limited resources rather than anything else...

• This is not strictly true - but anyway, i think what they make will primarily be a Win7 driver with some form of Vista backwards compatibility rather than the other way round, since Vista's days are numbered...