Using more than one Virus TI channel at the same time

• Hey,

I'm not able to use more than one of the virus TI2's at the same time. The instrument channel (on cubase 5) is the only one working for me (before it cuts out and i have to restart everything, sometimes even the whole pc. Should be able to duplicate/ copy the midi channel to a new channel in cubase and alter the midi number for the new sounds, right?

Cheers in advance.

• Have you tried reading the manual and opening the demo project?

Anyway, you only have one Virus Control. You need to route up to 16 MIDI tracks (16 different MIDI channels) to it in order to use more than one sound at once. I don't know how it's made in Cubase, but the project shows it.

• More than one. Lol. you'll be lucky to get 3-4 channels to run in multi mode before you run out of steam. Unless you mean you have 2 virus synths into the same computer in which case only god can help you ; )

Nice and very correct.

That's why my single Virus always does from 5 to 9 channels, it's probably Flying Spaghetti Monster helping me from above ;)

• Thanks for your feedback guys, sorry if it was an obvious question to ask, just got the virus so need to learn it inside out. I'm right in thinking you have to create midi tracks and assign each channel on the virus to each midi part right? Shame you can't assign each sound to an instrument channel in cubase really as you'd have all the channel settings/plugins for each sound.

Still, it's a beast ;)

• More than one. Lol. you'll be lucky to get 3-4 channels to run in multi mode before you run out of steam. Unless you mean you have 2 virus synths into the same computer in which case only god can help you ; )

I really wonder what your presets are doing to get such bad economy on your parts...

• Just checking there's no way of having a virus on more than one instrument channel no?

Seems pretty restricting actually, I want to be able to eq/ put vsts on each part in the virus, without having to bounce anything down as audio first.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

• Just checking there's no way of having a virus on more than one instrument channel no?

Seems pretty restricting actually, I want to be able to eq/ put vsts on each part in the virus, without having to bounce anything down as audio first.

You have 3 USB channels and 3 analog channels to play with. VC routes everything through USB1 by default. However, you can add additional MIDI channels in your DAW and route them to the appropriate part in VC. And then add additional audio channels and have them route their input from VC or your audio interface (in the case of using the analog outputs on the Virus). Then it is simply a matter of selecting the appropriate output in VC for each part.

How all this is done will vary depending on which DAW you are using, so it's best to go through the setup guide that Access provides.