My Virus Story (Not for the weak hearted)

• Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my touching story on how I finally came to own my dream machine, and I do not joke when I say dream machine =)

Back in 2003 was when I finally got reliable broadband internet, cable.... So I was so intrigued by synths ever since I had my first keyboard. They made decent sounds, not real or amazing sounding, but great cheap 8 bit sounds, like a Casio (yuck) I think everyone has owned one of those.....Anyways, I was surfing the internet and had no knowledge of any pro keyboards, so I began my searching from guitar center to Sam Ash furiously looking for a keyboard that looked cool and sounded amazing. I saw all these crazy new technologies with synths that finally sounded ok in quality of sound. After my researching was done inside stores, I really could not find any synths that sounded near the quality of trance or electronic music that I listened to at the time. Until one day.... I was searching a retailers website and I said heck I'll look for the most expensive one, then BOOM! I saw this Awesome looking Synth it was called the Virus KC, at that time I was a kid at the age of 15 so there was no way in hell I was able to afford something like that! Everyday of my life I would go to Access-music.de EVERYDAY and listen to all these amazing sounds they had! From the Endorphines sound demo to the Virus C Factory Demo, I listened and listened....... sadly but truly, there were days when I would cry at nights and in bed because I knew I could not have anything from the Virus line because of its hefty price tag. Eventually I grew up and years passed on but deeply stuck to the Virus series, something I deeply longed for.... especially knowing that it came from my home Country of Germany. It was more than a synth.... It was something magical and heart felt.... it was so alive. So not owning any Virus keyboards, I owned flimsy under powered machines, the MicroKORG, SH-201, KORG Radias. Then I saw the end of the TI's life I knew something big was going to happen..... my heart began to race waiting for NAMM, THE TI 2 WAS BORN, I KNEW IT...... I cried, it was so sleek such an amazing sight! 25% more POWER! I was overwhelmed. That was when I thought to myself in quick thinking of desperation..... You live only once and I am the type of person who understands that what you pay for is what you get, "That's it", I was getting the VIRUS TI 2.......... After being laid off I quickly began hunting for another job, quickly started jumping ladders until I finally got a decent job. I quickly started searching music retailers again, finding the best deals....... "I found it!" I asked questions for financing and tried to get the best deal..... I saved up.....FINALLY! after 6 FULL years of waiting, 6 years of something that was my purpose in life, I finally own the Machine of my dreams! I finally can rest in peace........ This feeling could never be replaced, ever......... I would never want it to change...... ever.

• Good story for the most (some grammar mistakes). :)

Anyway, i feel you but for me it wasn't hard to get. Soon i will own a T1 and a T2 :) It's a good machine but dreammachine would be a machine wich can use full 16 parts no mather what fx put on them, thats a dreammachine. This is a raw wakeup machine as it starts losing sounds through the progress of exporting while only using 4 or 4 spores. ;)

I vote for a T3 with 300% power of T2. :)

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• Welcome JD! Thanks for the story, sounds similar to my synth lusting when I was just getting into synths. But I will not tell you the synth, because it will date me in the worst possible way :)

Matt

• I'm in the same boat as you. I remember reading the reviews on the Virus series in Sound On Sound years ago, and lusting after the Indigo and then the TI series when it came out. Last year I turned 30, and bought myself a used TI off of eBay as a birthday present. It really is the best instrument I have ever owned - it sounds amazing, it *just works* beautifully with Logic (no messing around with tons of cables or latency or MIDI issues), and the interface on both the hardware and software is stunning.

• Good post, but for the grammar. (^_^)

Always try to remember the basics of using the apostrophe. I can see you have tried, e.g. 'wasn't', but you're not entirely successful, e.g. 'thats'. Additionally, punctuation of sentences using the comma is, well, something I suppose we can all improve upon.

Of course, if you had the ability to edit your posts, perhaps I wouldn't have the chance to pick up on these, quite insignificant, errors. (^_^)

One more thing, if that's ok. While the letter H in words beginning in the letter W, may, at first, appear silent, it is indeed not silent. The word 'Which' is aspirated, and when pronounced correctly, the letter H initiates the short exhalation required to utter it so.

My intention is that my Virus will become an heirloom! (^_^)

• I didn't know that this was a grammar test lol, should of told me..... hey I got a great idea lets have a spelling bee :thumbup:

I was just trying to tell you my story and see if any of you felt like me.... ;(

• @ Celestry i don't bother with grammar as i realy don't care. I know i can write proper dutch as well as english. Just as good as (omg edit button available! +1 for Matt) britisch or US people, but i didn't tell a story here. If i was about to tell you guys a story i would make sure it was perfectly written.

;)

For the rest, no hard feelings.

@ JDMMADE

Well, thought it was just a fable or at least not a real story to be honest.

So that's why i said, if you write down a story (fable) at least write down without grammar mistakes.

But hey, i feel you, i realy do.But the story is just to much.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• @ Celestry i don't bother with grammar as i realy don't care. I know i can write proper dutch as well as english. Just as good as (omg edit button available! +1 for Matt) britisch or US people, but i didn't tell a story here. If i was about to tell you guys a story i would make sure it was perfectly written.

Put simply, fella, you come across as not being very nice. In this instance, the guy told a story and you felt the need to point out his grammar was bad! He should have tried harder, eh?

I do hope you get bored of this forum, and quickly! (^_^)

• @ Celestry: I am not a nice person in your eyes and i don't like you at all, so shut it.
    I am not on the forums but for the update to x64 support, nothing less, nothing more.
    What i meant is that i do not believe this story to be fully true so a bit excessively imo.
    So i actualy wanted to point out; if you write a fable at least try to do it good.
    Above all you made 5 posts and try to tell me how it works and you want me leave ASAP.
    What about you going to find yourself another forum with badlanguage protection for weakhearted and softies? :thumbup:

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• (^_^) Oh, yes, I very much look forward to you trying to say ANYTHING you want. I do believe you'll find yourself in trouble if you do! (^_^)

Just try and relax, Oh great Mono, don't let me trouble you, ok? (^_^) I'm not trying to make you feel bad about yourself for being mean to JDM, not at all, though it seems I have made you feel bad. Just try to relax, ok, and wait peacefully for your x64 support. However, my guess is that you may be hanging around for a while because of that. Just relax, and go quietly amongst the noise and the haste. x64 will arrive soon, and then you can feel better.

Oh, and always remember to breath through your nose, and out your mouth when somebody has made you feel bad about yourself. It's their problem after all, not yours, eh? (^_^)

• Above all you made 5 posts and try to tell me how it works and you want me leave ASAP.
    What about you going to find yourself another forum with badlanguage protection for weakhearted and softies? :thumbup:

I think if this forum has naughty boys such as yourself, i must stay, and tell you off a little in order that you may grow, and mature into a peaceful man. I can help you with this matter (^_^)

• Seriously go fuck around somewhere else imbecile.

I come close to age of 30 so no need for a new dad.

If you interfere in someones business in real life as you do on forums they probably slap the light out of your eyes.

Please don't make this forum a bad experience for even more people as you continue to bring negativity to it with your sixt post.

Without you it was all good after my somewhat unpolite message but you make it only worse.

wake up dude...

• Hey, just try and breath slowly, maybe count to 10!

Don't worry about this, just head off to the pub for a pint and you'll be able to forget about all this nonesense. Do try and not be impolite to people, though, because they may not take it so well as people on forums and it wouldn't be very good if you got hurt by somebody because you were in a bad mood because of some stupid forum guy like me (^_^) Really, take it easy! We'd be good friends, i bet, if we lived close by! We'd hang out, make tunes, party, smile together but then get all angry because people couldn't compose following the rules of Grammar, etc.

Seriously, have a good weekend and forget about all this (^_^)

• I've got to be honest, Monomeester...

I, and im sure most of the other users including the staff, don't want this to be the place where people get treated like that...

This isnt a place to bring misery or cold feeling to - If you don't like the guy's story you don't have to be in this thread trolling it, you can use your own threads for that and i'm sure people won't join you.

Being almost 30 you should be old enough to exercise a little self control (like any adult can) and tolerate people you perceive to be 'fools' - If you punched someone's lights out in public, you would go to jail or be fined. It's not tolerated in public, and it should not be tolerated in here.

I'm not interested to extract an apology from you as that's nothing to do with me, but I think this is a bad road and it should be avoided right now.

• Ok - I think that will about do it for the language and the personal attacks.

If this continues, we will have individual conversations about language and manors.

Now, everyone move along, nothing to see here.

Matt (Moderating)