Ti2 Arp out of sync

• I am a new user running Win7 with Cubase + Ti2.

I've seen some threads over the internet with my similar situation : When playing Arp, Ti2 just out of sync. I am sure my PC is powerful enough, no USB Hub, only 3 USB dongles for software synth, the USB cables changed 3 times. May I know what is the root cause and how to fix it?

P.S Though I used USB to connect to Cubase but I use out1 to connect to my amp. VC also set to out1/LR

Regards!
    Cowby

• thanks for your reply.

The problem was : the arp didn't stay in time. It was pretty obvious if I have a track with 4 x 4 kick drum played together.

I hope I can post the sound clip tonight (my time) then you guys will know what I am talking about. Cheers!

• You need to let us know if the arp has a fixed offset (so its delayed or early) - OR - if the arp is playing at the wrong tempo (in effect it would come in and out of time)...

• so, I finally figured out what's the problem root cause. When using Cubase + VC with each channel set to USB L+R, then the arp can sync up nicely. But when I set them to out1 L+R then the analog will go a bit advance (those arp channels are pretty obviously) the tempo. That means they run faster than the wav drum loop for instance.

However, according to the Access's FAQ, it said to export the sound it is better to use analog out. But problem is the analog out will make the arp patterns run faster than other software synth / drum loop sample. So what can I do? Consider, I don't have any way to export the channels via USB.... Pls help.

• However, according to the Access's FAQ, it said to export the sound it is better to use analog out. But problem is the analog out will make the arp patterns run faster than other software synth / drum loop sample. So what can I do? Consider, I don't have any way to export the channels via USB.... Pls help.

I have to set the tracks with outputs set to out L1 R1 with a track delay of 38ms. go to the MIDI track that is controlling the patch on the out of sync chan and under the pan control is the track delay in cubase.

• yeah it took me a while to figure out the right amount of delay. i didnt like it either but at least from that thread it looks like they are working on the problem.
    I use the Out L1 L2 for my sp/dif no loss of quality and with my MOTU i have no delay so i can play fast notes without it bothering me.

• HGL and all, Thanks all for your suggestion and replies. And I know that I am not alone to face the out-of-sync/latency what ever it calls problem regarding Arp.

Could anyone pls confirm if I give up the VC and use the tranditional connection approach (midi cable), will I still suffer the out-of-sync? Right now, I don't have a proper midi interface and if it works, I may go for a cheapo 2 x 2 MIDI interface.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board…-virus-ti-without-ti.html

Also, if I give up the software VC, can I do all the tweaks in the hardware? At least, I couldn't find the Puncy knob as seen in VC... Hoho.

• TIMESTAMP is not the problem. the Only tracks i ever have to adjust the delay on are TI MIDI tracks that the TI uses the Out L1 R1 AND VC plugin is being used.
    Turn off VC and everything works as expected.