Buzzing sound in Logic 9 when bringing up Virus TI

• I am getting a feedback (buzzing sound) from my Virus Ti when I bring it up in the mixer with in Logic 9. Does any know if this is a software issue or maybe I need to change a setting? I am using a Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 ghz 8 core computer running snow leopard. Any help would be appreciated.

Robear

• I have the same problem with my Virus Ti in Logic 9.1.3 and also in Ableton Live. I'm also using the same MacPro.
    Anyone know what the problem is and if theres a fix?

• No, 32 bit. I think it's something to do with USB. It sounds fine when i plug headphones into the outputs and headphones.
    It's a very loud buzzing sound. Cant hear the presets at all. Virus is totally unusable. Been like this since i got my MacPro at Christmas.

• I had this from new, along with timing issues and sound drifting out of tune when using the Virus AU plugin/USB (32bit). Spent a long time with tech support (Jörg) who who was great in trying to help but we couldn't solve it. Had to go to using Analogue Outs and MIDI. Just tried the beta of 4.5 and it does seem to have stopped the buzzing which used to start up seemingly randomly. But I still find the Virus poor via USB, it always sounds slightly out of sync but with MIDI from Logic it's fine so I guess Ill stock with that for the time being and just use the plug in when I want to add new banks or move sounds. Anyone out there using a Virus Ti 2 desktop with Logic 9 via USB on a Mac Pro 2.26 Quad Core with no problems??????

• By buzzing, do you guys mean the patches are distorting when you press a key? Or does it buzz right when you fire up the plugin?

With OS 4.5, I have an issue with the Polar (surprisingly not with the Snow) where all the patches are distorted. This happens in both Logic 9.1.3 and Ableton 8.2.2. Doing a reset using the 'Arp Edit' button seems to fix it. All patches sound distorted. I'm not sure if it's the same issue being discussed. :D

Cheers.

• By buzzing, do you guys mean the patches are distorting when you press a key? Or does it buzz right when you fire up the plugin?

With OS 4.5, I have an issue with the Polar (surprisingly not with the Snow) where all the patches are distorted. This happens in both Logic 9.1.3 and Ableton 8.2.2. Doing a reset using the 'Arp Edit' button seems to fix it. All patches sound distorted. I'm not sure if it's the same issue being discussed. :D

Cheers.

well for me it was not distortion but White Noise/Static from the Audio over USB. So that sounds like you have a different issue! 8|

Cheers.

did you have that just once?
    marc

• It's happened twice out of the five or six times I've booted. Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to test OS4.5. The ARP Edit rest works to fix this.

• in case we talk about the same, it is a driver issue - arp reset got nothing to do with it, you can unplug and re-plug the USB cable with the same result. should be fixed in 4.5

marc

Cool, i'll give that a try. I am running 4.5 public beta.

• Same issue 4.0.5.01 Analogue outs are fine. Constant loud buzzing when Virus Control VST is loaded in Cubase 4. 32 Bit.

I haven't got the synth out for a few months, so I'm guessing one of the OSX updates has disagreed with the USB driver.

Downloading 4.5 now (Max speed 15kbs?????)

Will let you know the outcome.
    It's a vicious cycle, you procrastinate getting in the studio for some time, and when you do, you spend the whole session updating bits and pieces, restoring half finished projects that won't open, dealing with crashes and rogue noises. Gotta love computer music!

:thumbup:

• Download has failed 3 times. Can someone please host the latest OSX (non Beta version) or put it in my drop box?

edit: Finally got it... Very Slow servers at Access:(

edit: New version 4.5 (Beta) fixes it! :thumbup:

edit: Cubase crashes every 5 minutes :(

Final edit (After extended testing): 4.5 usb drivers crash... a lot. VST stops working then puts out a heavy buzz, often from one channel. Virus displays on screen 'USB Connection lost'. Switching the synth on and off again sometimes reconnects it, but otherwise I have to initiate the synth as per the instructions that pop up on the VST when it looses the connection.

This is on Cubase 6 64bit mode, using the factory USB cable plugged into a dedicated USB port on my Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.7.

I'll take my posts to the Beta Bug section now I think.