Phase problems TI usb and anlog

• Hi,

I've allready send this to access support, but maybe someone here knows about this problem??

I preformed a reboot with all cables unpluged and holding the arp edit etc..

This is the problem:
    On uneven channels the output of usb1 is out of phase. The rest is ok.
    On even channels the output on Analog 1LR and Analog 2LR are out of phase. The rest is ok.

It's very subtle and only the high freq are affected. I didn't even notice before untill I checked with a phase analyser.

I will try updating to the latest OS, hope that helps...

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Access support is looking in to this..

There is a phase difference between L and R on a mono patch on some outputs..

Can't you just send it out either the L or the R channel, it shouldn't be an issue if the signal is mono.

Recording a mono signal in stereo is a little redundant, yeah?

;)

• How subtle are we talking here? In the regions of the possbility of DAC -> cable -> ADC not being truly identical, or more than that?

I happens both over usb and analog. It's different per even/uneven channel, but the same for all even and the same for all uneven channels.
    So on ch1 an output works ok and on ch2 it has the phase problem over the same output.

It's subtle in the way you probably won't notice scrolling patches, but when checking it with a mono patch you can hear a slight phase problem. When using a phase analyser it's very clear to see.

The guy's at access are looking in to it, but jorg said it woul take a while. I've send them a project with a recording which shows what happens.