TI VS. TI2???What's the big deal anyway?

• I have had my TI keyboard since shortly after they came out and I love it more and more each day (for real:) Wondering if anyone who has used the TI has sold it and switched to the TI2 for the extra 25% or processor power. Does it make a huge difference? I am just wondering.

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• so far it just means a polyphony increase, I'm not sure what else will change with future OS updates, but I hope not much, as I quite enjoy my TI1

• I personally wouldn't bother selling my TI to get the TI2, even though there are some benefits like extra horsepower and a kinda redesigned unit with less weight. Like joey said who knows what the TI2 will have with future updates. As it stands though the Virus TI 1 is still a total beast and is an essential part of my studio.

Maybe in a few years i might upgrade but until then I'm happy :D

• I am glad i have a TI1 and for 30% more power i don't spend another 2200 euro's. Besides that i barely understand the beast. I can get some sounds (presets) out of it but i can't make my own sounds realy. Ofcourse i can turn some nops but that's about it. Hope i learn to use it by watching this forum closely and eventualy enjoy this machine for a long time. If you have a TI1 don't worry about the TI2 it doesn't have hardware that make new things possible that couldn't exist on the first version.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• The problem I have is i REALLY overstretched myself already affording the TI, so the added cost of the TI 2 is neither worth it or even possible for me....

I would just buy another TI, however...

• I think that people who are going to buy a brand new Virus, well, they're getting a TI2, because that's what the stock is. If you're going for second hand, you'll not be disappointed with TI1. Cheaper, and basically the same. The TI2 seems to be a refresh, nothing more. Time will tell, though.

• I agree just the extra horsepower is the key..If you want a second hand virus then that would be the way to go though..

• the TI2 was released as a hardware update, not as a new series. the price did stay the same, it just felt right to add extra power at no costs at this point in time. there is always the option to buy something second hand and get a better price and if the release of the TI2 series made the TI1 series second hand price drop (which i personally didn't see much) i can't see why this is not a good thing. so, as for big deal: you either get a little more for the same money or you pay a little less. that's all.

best, marc

• Yeah that does square with the shift in the exchange rate... Damn incompetant government - Still makes the thing damn expensive anyway.

Still, cheaper than a Nord though, :P , and you get so much more for your money...

• For these reasons, I recently picked up a discontinued TI desktop, version 1 for $1500. it was still untouched and new in a box. This came to about $900 cheaper than if I would have gotten a TI2. I did not need more voices nor the 20% more power of the 2, nor did I need the less weight. Therefore it was worth it even now, after the release of the TI2 to buy the TI.

Zap

• Check out Novamusik.com for TI2's if you're thinking about upgrading. They have reboxed units that are more or less brand new units for significantly cheaper. I just got my TI2 Polar for about $2400, significantly cheaper than the normal new price. When it arrived there was nothing at all that indicated the box had even been open before, Polar looked and felt just like a new one.

I always thought it was odd the Polar and Keyboard cost the same too, especially since the keyboards key bed is soooo much better. Maybe those white LEDs and the aluminum end cheeks add to the cost though. My guess is that you're likely paying for the looks though (does looks pretty sexy).