OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• I'm having an issue with the Virus Polar TI2 and OS 4.5 in Logic 9.1.3 and Ableton 8.2.2.:

Certain times when I fire the Virus up, all patches sound distorted. Deleting the instance, restarting the DAW doesn't seem to fix it. But, resetting using the 'Arp Edit' seems to work. Anyone else experience this issue?

• Had the same problem and fixed it with arp edit also. Still having syncing problems too. No suprise :thumbdown:
    Still love the old girl. Getting a Slim Phatty to make it feel a lil bit better... Good luck kids...

• Hi, i'm getting a Hissing sound with some projects i open in Ableton 8.2
    using the virus TI OS 4.5 beta as a soundcard

in one project, the sound disappeared when i removed the plugin and readded it
    (this was annoying as it deleted all my midi routings to the plugin i'd set up inside some intrument racks with the "external midi device" live device
    also meant i had to reload each individual patch i was using for that track... :S)

(is use VC with my band to help build synth patches for our set, i then rebuild everything as multi's for gigs/rehearsals)

in my ableton live set i use with my band live
    i dont have an instance of virus control loaded

but i'm still getting noise appear via the audio input on the virus

a constant hissing sound, when i unplug leads from the audio input
    the noise disappears temporarily and then resumes slightly different

the noise stops if i stop monitoring the audio input via Live...... but this is necessary for the way i have things set up right now :(

dont realy want to down grade as i just made a bunch of patches for a new song, using some of the new fx!

brand new Macbook pro 13" 2.7gh i7 2011
    Ableton Live 8.2.1

• Upon opening a project in Cubase a lot of times the Virus is out of sync(timing is off for arp and notes). In order to get it in sync i must open the VCC VST then everything is fine. can anyone else confirm this?

• Everything works fine except one thing.
    When I load a patch in the virus control (audio usb1)the sound
    become very low after 10 or 15 seconds. It happend for every patch.
    When I try audio out with usb 2 and usb 3 there is no audio.
    Impossible to use in live situation.
    I came back to os 4.1 and everything is alright.

fabien

• Had the same problem and fixed it with arp edit also. Still having syncing problems too. No suprise :thumbdown:
    Still love the old girl. Getting a Slim Phatty to make it feel a lil bit better... Good luck kids...

we don't have sync related issue on file and therefore we don't include fixes for those with new versions. if you have a problem, please get in touch with support. if it's something we can fix, we will happily do so, or, alternatively - we will help you troubleshoot your system.
    best, marc

• Upon opening a project in Cubase a lot of times the Virus is out of sync(timing is off for arp and notes). In order to get it in sync i must open the VCC VST then everything is fine. can anyone else confirm this?

you cannot open virus control center and virus control at the same time. you need to explain a little bit more in order to get help

cheers, marc

• you cannot open virus control center and virus control at the same time. you need to explain a little bit more in order to get help

cheers, marc

oops i added one C to many. just VC...

• Hello there!

My first post on this forum. I own a virus ti polar 2 since the beginning of os4 but i always had the same problems until today.

First, my operating system is:

HP AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor 2.80ghz
    6 GB RAM DDR3
    64 bit operating System Windows 7 version home Premium Service pack 1 ( and i had the same problems before the service pack update)

I use Cubase 6 64bit artist as sequencer ( and i began with cubase 5 32bit with the same problems)
    My audio card is an Rme babyface ( i also used audio kontrol 1 from native instruments with the same problems)

Ok here's my problems:

1-In virus control or not, cuttof suddenly and randomly reset to 0 value by itself on few patches

2-When i select a patch in VC browser, half of the time, it's not the right patch who is selected. Ex: i select ``anymusicHS`` patch but another patch is loaded. It come back to normal after a few selected patches.

3-My polar start to play by itself with VC when i go take a coffee ( i know it's a virtuoso and want to have a career by itself but OH, i'm the master here ;)

4-The arp randomly start to play whatever it want when it want with VC. It come back to normal after few seconds and sometime one minute.( I don't really have the sync issue with this update).

5-I'm also experiencing the subosc thing with 4.5 beta update

I read a lot of posts on this forum but it's difficult to find all these problems in one post, so i ask access and you people: someone have the same problems than me? And someone found a solution or it's just bugs fixes to wait?

Thank you and have a great day!

• Loading a song in Cubase:

1- Common Parameters: TRANSPOSE: bad parameters I can see <0> but is <-2> (in channel 1 this part is transposed -2 semitones wrong)

2- I can't see the SUBOSC wheel on OSC. 1

3- This option with virus control or not:

Pitch: changes randomly when I' m playing with the wheel pitch in the Keyboard (VirusTI Polar V1)

(Es decir que cuando toco la rueda de PITCH ya sea dentro o fuera del VirusControl, el sonido se desafina aleatoriamente y no se queda en el tono correcto cuando la rueda del PITCH está en reposo)

Good things:

1- I think the USB latency seems better than old versions, and the sync too. Now I can play notes with the keyboard (at any part with USB OUT selected) without or inapreciate latency. Parece que la latencia por USB se ha mejorado; la syncro de momento bien. He notado que se ha minimizado la latencia de salida USB de las partes cuando se tocan desde el teclado.

The new FX sound great. Sólo probé un poco los efectos nuevos pero lo poco que los he probado me han gustado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows XP Pro. SP3 32bit
    Cubase 5.5
    Intel QUAD 6600 2,4 Ghz/ Motherboard GigaByte GA-P35-DS3L
    2Gb Kingston Hyper 1066 DDR2
    VTI Polar 1
    TC Electronic: Konnekt 24D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OS 4.5.16 public beta ------> MARK: 4/10

I will test more than 5 minutes this public beta.....

• 3-My polar start to play by itself with VC when i go take a coffee ( i know it's a virtuoso and want to have a career by itself but OH, i'm the master here ;)

:D :D :D :thumbup: Excellent, I love this bug :D

Remember Invadexod...Your Polard " IS A "VIRUS" ^^

Well done Access ;) :P