OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• Can you please give us more detailed information about whats new in this release?

Thank you!

About TIOS 4.5.0 Release
    Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
    • SE: New Choruses, Rotary Speaker and Mod Matrix Sources
    • VC: improved efficiency of USB transmission protocol
    • VC: Editor opening and closing time for already instanced Plug-In (improved)
    • VC: Error message when no PDF reader installed (fixed)
    • VC: Documentation not accessible via “?” Menu (fixed)
    • VC: Create Empty Library from Patch Save menu (new feature)
    • VC: Part output assignment got lost when switching Virus TI off (fixed)
    • VC: LFO clock divider could not be automated (fixed) version 4.5.0.03
    • VC: "Midi driver failed" error shown after Virus TI Software Suite installation (fixed)
    • VC: Part level control did not show volume when hovering over it (fixed)
    • VC: Some parameters not adjustable in Live tutorial song (fixed)
    • VC: Old presets and projects might load with incorrect parameter settings (fixed)
    • VC: dB text does not fit into reverb/delay knob when being larger than 7 chars (fixed)
    • VC: Fixes an issue related to the latest W7 service pack
    • VC: Fixes a crash with Protools 9.0.1
    • VC: Plug-In not functional after Mac went to sleep (fixed)
    • HI: Improvement to hardware scanning
    • HI: Cutoff 2 Knob could have the wrong name in the value readout popup.
    Known issues:
    Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase.

• 1.) Absolutely loving being able to create a fresh midi track in which to store your own presets right from within VC. In the past we had to create one outside of the DAW in the OS itself.

2.) Perhaps I missed it before, but currently selected patches have a very slick blue border surrounding the patch name. Very nicely done.

3.) I love how the Matrix sources/destinations are now listed in a side by side cascading horizontally for much easier reading and selecting, not the super long list vertically showing like in previous versions.

Overall I find the GUI is very clean and crisp looking. The Virus updated itself no problem and works as great as ever. Of course the new Chorus sounds very phat, but I was more excited about the tweaks done over the new features initially.

At first I could not get sound out of the Virus while in Cubase 6 despite it responding to midi activity without issue. Only a reboot of the computer itself as well as holding down ARP EDIT while booting the Virus allowed it to have sound playing out of the unit like it should.

Keep up the great Access, nice to be back to the updates!

• Hmm, I think the Chorus isn't quite working properly yet. First off, the knob's mix indicator in VC doesn't have the white line that rings the knob as the others do. Also, and maybe this is just me, but I feel like the mix knob isn't actually working properly. In most patches, turning the mix up doesn't really introduce any significant chorusing at all. Can anyone else tell me I'm not crazy here? It just seems broken....

• Also, I've seen some graphics glitches. The one I can recreate faithfully is a flashing white bar over the part level meter. But there are all sorts of miscellaneous gui glitches happening when values change and knobs get tweaked. I think it's time to head back to the previous version for a little bit :(

• Also, I've seen some graphics glitches. The one I can recreate faithfully is a flashing white bar over the part level meter. But there are all sorts of miscellaneous gui glitches happening when values change and knobs get tweaked. I think it's time to head back to the previous version for a little bit :(

operating system ?
    working platform ?
    it's better for all of us such details to be mentioned ;)

• Well, I'm loving the new Chorus effects so far :thumbup:

I have noticed a couple of things though, as mentioned earlier the Chorus Mix knob doesn't get the halo round it as it's turned up. Also when selecting a patch from the Browser the pane which I'm selecting from gets brighter as soon as I click anywhere in it.

mikekiraly1 when you are trying to use the Chorus effects, turning the mix knob clockwise then x-over knob anti-clockwise brings in the effect.

• Does everyone only see two analog key types in the mod matrix or am I missing something?

All I see on my snow is

Anakey 1 Fine
    Anakey 2 Fine

Anakey 1 Course
    Anakey 2 Course

Is that normal?

In the sonic state vid it shows anakey 1,2 and 3 but without fine or course.

• Hmm, I think the Chorus isn't quite working properly yet. First off, the knob's mix indicator in VC doesn't have the white line that rings the knob as the others do. Also, and maybe this is just me, but I feel like the mix knob isn't actually working properly. In most patches, turning the mix up doesn't really introduce any significant chorusing at all. Can anyone else tell me I'm not crazy here? It just seems broken....

Can not verify this. 1st there is no "mix" knob, the only knob that is in every type of chorus is Depth (rotary is not a chorus) and Depth seems to be working fine.

• I also see the patch browser in Logic 9.1.3 get brighter when you click on it. Other than that, very nice, thankyou.

it's an attempt to help with finding which window has the focus in logic 9. when it's bright, all the key commands e.g. cursor keys work, if it's not - they don't but at least one knows that and doesn't change the highlighted track...

best, marc