OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• usually they are, with steinberg cubase and VST3, they are not right now. but we are working with steinberg on a solution. we did jump on the VST3 bandwagon a bit early and now we suffer the consequences. if you have a specific project which bugs you, contact support - we might be able to help you out.

marc

• I was most interested in the new choruses and I must say I'm really happy with the new possibilities.

• The Vintage can be best used to give a little analog chorus fx which sounds great. When pushed This thing would be really cool on '80 style synths, leads an brasses.
    • The Hyper is a really nasty beast which is great when you want an over the top effect. Probably would work well with certain dance music leads when applied lightly.
    • The air chorus. What can I say about this thing. I love it. I think I'll kick out my girlfriend tonight and propose to this little wonder. Gives you a nice stereo sound without that wet chorus feel. :love:
    • Haven't played much with the vibrato, but from what I have heard in the samples it can give a little live to those otherwise slightly dull sounding sounds.
    • The rotator is cool. Obviously nobody expects a 100% true leslie rotator sound, with all the analog nitty gritty that comes with it, but it certainly is a very useful tool.
    • The cross over is soooooo incredibly sweet for mixing. Thanks for adding this.

Unfortunately in the short time I have tested the beta I have some issues:

• Switching between choruses mutes audio for a while or causes noise bursts. The latter especially with the air chorus. Probably work in progress.
    • Timing of the arp is still off in my DAW. Occasionally the timing of notes is also off when looping or after some CPU hit (e.g. I opened another app or something). As this doesn't happen with any other (soft) synth, I'm pretty damn sure this is a VC problem.

I know Reaper is not officially supported, but as the user base of this magnificent DAW is growing every minute, I'm hoping the nice guys & girls at Access have planned to change this fairly soon :thumbup:
    FYI: Using Reaper 64bit, with 64bit VC. Win7-64bit, M-Audio Firewire (crap), Intel-i7-920, 12gb ram.

• usually they are, with steinberg cubase and VST3, they are not right now. but we are working with steinberg on a solution. we did jump on the VST3 bandwagon a bit early and now we suffer the consequences. if you have a specific project which bugs you, contact support - we might be able to help you out.

marc

Its just not one project Marc, im trying to migrate from pc to mac and this one bug is stopping me completely from doing that.

Its been 7 months since i reported this bug and still no fix.

I've even tipex the TI off my virus now because...... Total Intergration.....i just cant see it :)

Cheers

G

• it's an attempt to help with finding which window has the focus in logic 9. when it's bright, all the key commands e.g. cursor keys work, if it's not - they don't but at least one knows that and doesn't change the highlighted track...

best, marc

As soon as I hit the submit button, I realised it was something like that. I actually thought it was to highlight which patch browser window you were on, I guess it works for that too. The only thing that made me think it was odd was the colour seems to clash a bit with the patch names making it difficult to see on my screen. Could the blue outline around the patch name not serve the same purpose? Cheers.

• System: C2D 3.0ghz/WinXP32bitSP3/Cubase5.5.2/MR816CSX as ASIO Device/Need more info? PM
    BetaVersion: v4.5.0.16

Bug Report:

• As mentioned earlier I also can confirm that the Chorus Mix knob doesn't get the visual feedback as the other effects like the Distortion and Characters for instance
    • Don't know it's a bug, but If you select the HP filter, then activate the Analog mode and LP1 Filter and afterwards Deactivate the Analogmode you will get the "digital" LP filter instead of the previous HP-filter. Don't know if this normal behaviour.
    • Played about 2 hours with it, no showstoppers ;)

Also made a Juno 60 Basspatch (my second, first one is in my Orion Soundset which you can find here access for download) which uses the anakey1 fine matrix option for detuning one of the oscillators. And the VintageChorus.
    You can download it here: http://wtrns.fr/76aPJ_0l1ovWTM

• What does it say in the display if you hover your cursor over the knob to the left of the Chorus type selector ;)

heh, it says "mix" but that begs the question.... why isn't it labeled without having to mouse over it like the other knobs? 8)

• heh, it says "mix" but that begs the question.... why isn't it labeled without having to mouse over it like the other knobs? 8)

Are any of the other mix knobs labelled? Have they ever been?

• yes they are FB, depth Xover...... :rolleyes:

The other effects (like phaser etc) don't have names for their mix knobs, that what I'm on about, don't think they ever have since the beginning of OS4 at least.

• I've completed the OS X download five times now and every time the disk image is corrupted.

The website is saying it's a 50.45MB download and when my file completes its 52.9MB.

I'll try tomorrow I suppose.

:cursing:

• The new choruses sound just gorgeous!!!
    Together with the new Anakey mods they give a lot of addioninal analog feel to many patches!

Concerning some minor issues: these all have been mentioned above, as far as I checked so far.

Thanks a lot!
    I have been looking forward to that very much!! :thumbup: