OS4.5 Public Beta discussion

• The tape delays sometimes produce clicks. It can be heard for example in AnakeyPdBC patch. When more polyphony is used the clicks are more frequent.

Windows 7 x64 SP1, Cubase 5.1 x86, Virus TI Desktop x64, Virus Control VST3 x86, Presonus Firestudio x64

• 4.5 introduced a new issue.: Whenever I remove VCC, my DAW closes and eventually even my OS crashs.

This happens when
    - I remove the VCC with no project opened
    - I remove the VCC with a project opened
    - If I close an opened project (cause VCC actually gets removed then too)

System:

Cubase 5.5
    Win 7 64bit SP1
    Latest Motu 424 Audio Drivers
    Latest Motu Midi Drivers

• OK, after deinstalling 4.5 and reinstalling 4.1 the problem persists. But I saw that the USB Driver is still the newest (afaik): 2.8.45. I assume that this is the troublemaker.

How can I deinstall the USB Driver and reinstall 2.6xx?

• OK, the usb driver was actually 2.8.45 in the earlier versions, so it has nothing to do with that. Oh well, this is the last beta I will install ever. I always have bad luck... now I can't even have my stable system back even if I revert back. :cursing:

• I'm experiencing the same problem with Windows 7 x64 SP1, Cubase 5.1 x86, Virus TI Desktop x64 4.1 and 4.5, Virus Control VST3 x86 4.1 and 4.5, Presonus Firestudio x64.

• I've had small issues so far, panic function doesn't seem to work when there's an voice overload/sync errors etc it just continues playing random notes by itself and the only way to stop it is to put it in sleep.

Tested in logic and reaper.

• Reverted back to 4.05 and it seems to not crash Cubase anymore. However, I definately worked on a track in February, where the Virus was playing a large role and I worked with 4.1 and had no issues.
    If the Virus is turned off and I open and close the VCC 4.5 /4.1, no crash happens. So it's not the VCC itself.

• Reverted back to 4.05 and it seems to not crash Cubase anymore. However, I definately worked on a track in February, where the Virus was playing a large role and I worked with 4.1 and had no issues.
    If the Virus is turned off and I open and close the VCC 4.5 /4.1, no crash happens. So it's not the VCC itself.

Let's check it on different versions of Windows.

• The same here with Ableton...

>>WINXP SP3 | C2D E8400 _ 4GB RAM _ 40GB SSD - System _ 1GB - Data | LIVE 8.2.2 Suite<<

>>WINXP SP3 | C2D E8400 _ 4GB RAM _ 40GB SSD - System _ 1GB - Data | LIVE 8.2.2 Suite<<

• I'm having similar problems as mentioned before. The chorus mix knob on the FX1 page doesn't fill in with white when it's turned. The chorus knob on the VC home page is grayed out and can't even be used. Other than that, It has been more stable than the previous version already. I sent support a question about the chorus knobs days ago, still no response.

iMac i7 2.93ghz w/ 4gig RAM, MacBook Pro Intel Core2Duo 2.5ghz w/ 4 gig RAM, Virus Polar TI2, Presonus FP10, Ableton Live, Logic, various MIDI controllers

• could you guys start one of those facebook polls so we can find out how many people are happy with the beta update and on what platform? Just wondering whether to update or wait till public release. cheers

Installing the update and if needed reverting back is a lot less time consuming I think than waiting for poll stats.

• The same here with Ableton...

Can not confirm here. after removing VC everything was fine.

Windows 7 64bit SP1
    Cubase 6.0.1
    MOTU 828MK3 hybrid
    Virus TI desktop (4.5.0.16)

• Hi Folks,

I was just playing one of my favourite patches (NinthHvnSV) and the TI reset itself to the init patch on the keyboard. Before this happened I had crackling sounds. I can't seem to reproduce it as of yet, but I added the Vintage Chorus the first time round when it happened. There was a big click and the display was showing the init patch and no sound was playable. The VC still had the patch name as above displayed and there was input activity but no sound output. I power cycled the TI, this did not help but powering on with the Edit / ARP button seemed to reset it and it worked again. Logic 9.1.3.